Out with old ('71 2800cs), in with the less old ('73 3.0cs) ...

doubledutch

Reaction score
Not a new member just a new car!
After a very frustrating couple of months since owning my "new" '73 3.0cs I am finally ready to present her to the forum. I found the car on craigslist late June (it was mentioned here under for sale section) had a PPI done, wired a lot of $$ and shipped the car to RI on a car carrier only to find out that the car wouldn't go in reverse the 2nd day I owned her (automatic). I dropped her off at a local shop were she sat for close to 2 weeks to find out that it was a relative minor problem (the seller was kind enough to pay for the repaid cost) After a few more minor hurdles she is finally ready for the road (only to put her away for winter storage in about 4-6 weeks!)
Here a picture at Lime-rock Vintage festival in CT last Saturday

Car runs great and looks even better, so pleased that I almost forgot that I went back to an automatic from a 5spd

My 2800cs sold this weekend

Attachments

• BMWE9coupe.JPG
    BMWE9coupe.JPG
    275.1 KB · Views: 186

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not a new member just a new car!
After a very frustrating couple of months since owning my "new" '73 3.0cs I am finally ready to present her to the forum. I found the car on craigslist late June (it was mentioned here under for sale section) had a PPI done, wired a lot of $$ and shipped the car to RI on a car carrier only to find out that the car wouldn't go in reverse the 2nd day I owned her (automatic). I dropped her off at a local shop were she sat for close to 2 weeks to find out that it was a relative minor problem (the seller was kind enough to pay for the repaid cost) After a few more minor hurdles she is finally ready for the road (only to put her away for winter storage in about 4-6 weeks!)
Here a picture at Lime-rock Vintage festival in CT last Saturday

Car runs great and looks even better, so pleased that I almost forgot that I went back to an automatic from a 5spd

My 2800cs sold this weekend

Great job! More pics, less HDR!

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Great job! More pics, less HDR!

I'd say the HDR is quite well done. It's fairly obvious, if you know what to look for, but it's hard to get good highlight and shadow detail on a dark car in full sun. I give it an A.

Yes, more photos.... always.
Ian