on BaT

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Those bumpers are hideous, but I like the wheels. I had thought 17s might be too big, but those don't look bad.

srennoc

Reaction score
Bbs

The wheels are actually BBS RS in 16" with staggered 7" & 8" barrels.... A much more desirable wheel... Not BMW style 5 in 17"..

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Might explain why they looked appropriate to the e9. Thanks.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
No bids yet. I wonder if it will sell. Has anyone seen this car to know the true extent of the rust?

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bubbling of paint is mentioned. Floor and rocker repairs were done in past so it didn't have a corrosion free life. I have to be concerned that this may be one of the (many) needy ones. And not $15k

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not trying to stir the pot (too much) but that engine bay is filthy, with leftover emission parts , dirt, RTV, rust spots, grease and the list goes on.
For 30 large you have to tidy up the joint before it goes on the block.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bubbling of paint is mentioned. Floor and rocker repairs were done in past so it didn't have a corrosion free life. I have to be concerned that this may be one of the (many) needy ones. And not $15k
Paint bubbling is visible at the trailing edge of the out-of-adjustment sunroof.

The prospect of future rust repair in the sunroof area of this coupe now is a deal breaker, anyone who really knows what they are doing when they work on rusty coupes will inspect and address sunroof issues when doing rockers and pans. If the rockers and pans were done on this car, damn shame the roof was missed. What else on the car was missed?

Um...one last thought, if you are thinking "just cut the roof off and replace it"...you deSERVE to spend thirty large on this car. Unfortunately the seller is upside down on the car. Bail him out , use your gold card. :-\