Odd coincidence.

Blinkling

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi, all.

I live in Southern California and I bought an Amazon Green '74 3.0CS in December. It was "As-Is" with "whatever interior parts are in the associated box." A lot was included - vent window knobs, air conditioner and heater parts, elephant skin panels, etc. Missing were the two front door panels, seat belts, the center shift surround, and radio. I made up my mind to use seat belts out of a 6-series, to replicate the door panels using new material, and then probably do something modern with the center piece and stereo because I am a rebel. Anyway:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

To make a long story long, I was suspicious that the seller linked above was in SoCal and selling an awful lot of the same missing parts. I contacted him and found out that he was the 3rd owner of my car (I am the fifth) and that these are my car's actual original parts! The door panels are also available but not in the auction. Here is my dilema:

1. All I'm really interested in here is the shift surround. I've never seen another one for sale except for what Coupe King is offering. Should I be willing to pay good money for one that is intact?

2. What is it worth to own all of your original parts, even if you intend to keep them in a box in the garage instead of putting them back in the car?

I'm real curious to see what you other coupe owners think I should do - to bid or let them go. Fire away!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
David,

If they aren't going in the coupe I would pass on buying them. The items of value are the column stalk switches (for spares) and the surround. Who needs an old Grundig radio and seat belts you don't need? I would try to get the door panels if in decent shape, they can always be color dyed to match your interior.

Chris

Blinkling

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks as always, Chris. That sounds sane. We'll see what the door panels look like ... I hope they're in better condition than driver's side wood.