Nose job

Kizilsakal

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am restoring a 1972 3.0 csi with chrome bumpers, and when I removed the bumpers I noticed the grill part was bent inwards towards the radiator side. IMG_4864_resize.JPG

IMG_4865_resize.JPG

IMG_4866_resize.JPG

This is wrong isn't it?

:shock:

Kizilsakal

Site Donor
Reaction score
CSi build

Hi all

I am restoring a 1972 CSi. I bought this car as parts car for the CSL I have but actually this was in a good shape so I decided it would be a waste to make it a parts car. Also I think I am learning a lot with this car and it's a good exercise for the other one.

here are pictures of the CSL . http://www.flickr.com/photos/kizilsakal/sets

Back to the CSi , I have fixed the nose piece to some degree. But I have more questions for the experts here.

z

there is a gap between the piece that covers the tops of the headlights in the engine bay and the body itself. I am guessing this piece should not be flat. or is my cars whole front piece bent?

does any one have a close up photo of a decent one?

thanks

Last edited:

Henrik

Reaction score
Hi!

My recommendation would be to cut out the "grill" part with a saw or grinder in front and drill out the spot welds at the rear, Then "massage" the nose back to its original shape with a piece of shaped wood and a hammer and weld back the "grill" part again after it has been straightened out on a bench.

Last edited: