Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
W&N has a shipping special today. Code bmw2017
You want a Schrick cam for your car.
Your head will be done next week.
Sadly I can't find a fuel pump for you. I may have thrown them away

I have the pump I pulled from my car sitting in the garage; I had to remove mine and change to an electric pump to make room for the triple webers.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks. So, Don, can you let me know precisely what part no I need from w&n for the electric pump and cam stuff?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Scott -- just so we are clear, my car has carbs and the pump I have is a mechanical pump. I saw your car was a CS and thought that this is what you were seeking.

Also, this will require a cam with the lobe to operate the pump. I believe the part I referenced on VAC Motorsports' web site has the lobe on it.

Best to check with Don on both of these things.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Don just talked to me and is going to ensure there is good CAM and electric pump when he sends to our shop to install. Yea!
How much better should she drive once this work is done?
I can't wait.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hey Steve - do you remember where the markings were on your cam? I recall some Schrick cams had identifying markings on the shaft; others on the end.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
IPtRkJ5vszO3rwM8ZKiJTxeJjZeX3d-6VLSHrvMbJDOxu0rZIBdXX1xw4z8CRrCQSiEFD1lKFfR4nMe8Tb5Oyt4RXKUVQDxvqMulloJPXW5ASmcJ5vB6sx2G7mf3EX1588q5JGbDQy8KxykVFCU7OtEniMnu7Qa_XFIDLC2Y5vchV7es2SxIN2vcPTi9Frvak37Kl2t9eLZBJvYtZ06939Ijq1GrJ7GWCn-6zPAYbJnNZAlngJOTWonFGkGCs206c4KZJl_qFoLJxwiPbDlznv2hN9rc3A6RObIgg9vO09cfjNlY9sdw9ywyAc-h6AL2lczXaNrZuOaR_IzTgghk7yk1GWeuLwUBI9PWTxqPu0hV2k1GA6lxvm4W4NF208tOXwfP3M2cErmUEb2Ou_hhjXyz3XBrykThe-4L8qqGH3Xv6QfAQV5xTbMYcNACZ-DPk0hu32jsQmz0IrPZqNnC1KNr-MXZf6yCdZm2n_nIUujz7oif3S7Aqd-ba4LJY1OJV3NBVDlb1tjJiEWLK5GttWNDPI9ko_Mtk6u3HtMM9tJMSK-GBFrVQPQlrbGJloh77ekTuRB9ypK-lIzD532eD-hZJlm8PqKTFdk8_YRuZBBSvWE_w6KY=w1028-h771-no

Hey Steve - do you remember where the markings were on your cam? I recall some Schrick cams had identifying markings on the shaft; others on the end.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
All cams are NLA from
Carl
VAC
W&N
Schrick NA
Expected (yeah right) this summer
I bought the last one today.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
All cams are NLA from
Carl
VAC
W&N
Schrick NA
Expected (yeah right) this summer
I bought the last one today.

Thank you very much
A problem finding the electric fuel pump as well or are we set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i heard something about schrick moved into the business of supplying OEM cams for some car manufacturer ... total change of business model, which doesn't help us.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
If going with an electric fuel pump, make sure the mechanic installs either an oil pressure cutoff switch, an ignition cutoff and or an impact cutoff switch. This way it will stop pumping if you get in an accident or have a fuel leak after an impact.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I used a revolution electronics relay. It pumps three seconds of fuel on start up, and cuts off flow if it doesn't get a signal from the coil.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stevehose to the rescue- he found what appears to be the second to last one- in Germany for our brother in Idaho.
The last one left is the strange motronic half moon model.
Thank you Steve!

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Stevehose to the rescue- he found what appears to be the second to last one- in Germany for our brother in Idaho.
The last one left is the strange motronic half moon model.
Thank you Steve!

Thx!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk