My 2005 911 S 6 speed for sale

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Getting into the restoration of a 1950 Allard J2 with significant history. Need some money to devote to the project. This car is an amazing canyon carver. An everyday exotic. Needs a new home. Keeping the four bimmers, BTW.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wanted to buy a J2 30 some years ago, but didn't really have the money
It was $10K

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wanted to buy a J2 30 some years ago, but didn't really have the money
It was $10K
The previous owner bought the car in 1958 from a used car dealer in Detroit. My guess is he paid 2k. My guess is spent 100k on restoring the car about ten years ago, but it currently has a Chrysler hemi, and needs to go back to a Cadillac 331, which it had when new. It was installed by a Cadillac employee named Frank Burrell. The prior owner passed away a few months ago at age 90. He had a good run with the car. The car was raced at the very first Sebring race, a six hour event on 12-31-1950. And at the Glen and in Argentina. I’ve never owned a car with that kind of history.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hey Scott, sounds like a fun restoration ... looking forward to seeing the finished product. for those interested in 911s ... the 997 is a great car and so much better than the early 991 with its electric steering and no road feel. i drive my 997 every day, they are extremely reliable and nothing but fun.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Since this is kinda an Allard thread too, it reminded me of the first time I ever saw one. I was about 19 and bought a '64 MGB project with a small block Ford. The guy I bought it from put me in touch with an "old timer" that built custom cars and fabrication and agreed to build the headers for the car. I was at his shop one day in downtown San Jose, CA and heard a REALLY loud car coming down the street, then he pulled into the shop parking lot stopping right in front of us. All I remember saying is, "What the hell is that thing!". It was a friend of the shop owner stopping by to show off his new purchase, minus the exhaust system, but that didn't stop him from driving it. LOL Quite the memory.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Don't know a lot about the Allard, but I did know enough to snap a picture when this baby pulled up and parked nearby as my wife and I were walking home from lunch in Old Naples a few years ago:

20150320_095438.jpg

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Don't know a lot about the Allard, but I did know enough to snap a picture when this baby pulled up and parked nearby as my wife and I were walking home from lunch in Old Naples a few years ago:

View attachment 79236
Wow Chris, I live an hour north and have never seen that car in Naples! Never seen it at cars on fifth. Have to find out who that car belongs to. It's a K2.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
hey Scott, sounds like a fun restoration ... looking forward to seeing the finished product. for those interested in 911s ... the 997 is a great car and so much better than the early 991 with its electric steering and no road feel. i drive my 997 every day, they are extremely reliable and nothing but fun.
Thanks for your kind words on the auction comments! Totally agree about the steering. The 991 is super fast, but lacks steering feel.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow Chris, I live an hour north and have never seen that car in Naples! Never seen it at cars on fifth. Have to find out who that car belongs to. It's a K2.

Yeah Scott, I heard it before I saw it and it sounded fantastic. We had just walked past there and were a block and a half away when I watched him park. From that distance I didn't want to yell at the driver (and let the entire world know that I don't see really cool classic and/or exotic cars every day), so I walked back and took this picture. I think this was March, 2015. Happy hunting.