Monterey 2016, 100th year party, Legends etc

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
The headlines are real, I was down the 1 a few days ago and you will be delayed. There are fire trucks parked and waiting to go in the fire area along Hwy 1.
Hwy 1 is one of the most beautiful roads in California so go and enjoy the ride be prepared.

B

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Celebrate BMW tickets and T shirts arrived today, for the first time we will be using three fairways at Legends!

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I might join you guys at Javier's Sunday at the "E9 Knights of the Round Table." But this lowly E3 squire will just be sipping on some grog. Would be nice to know some of the back east faces before the show. Cheers! LOL

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello Monterey gang, the East Coast VA and ME group are headed west! Part 2 of the load was completed yesterday morning and 5 E9s and 1 E24 M6 are on their way to Orange County. We are all super pumped about next week. On the penthouse level and securely covered are Tod Bryant and Chris Auty's E9s, Kevin Ladd's M6 and below my E9, Blue Belle, Chris Ohmes' Annabelle and Doug Dolan's to-be-
IMG_4571.JPG
IMG_4575.JPG
IMG_4579.JPG
IMG_4582.JPG
named S34 powered E9. Our Passport driver, Andy, was excellent and very experienced at this kind of thing. See you all soon.

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry Doug, typo on S38 above! And not still shot of your car, only video!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
After all of the planning it is finally happening, almost hard to believe that we will see each other next week. And OCCoupe hasn't been posting but I had a ride in his 3.8 stroker on Sunday morning and it was fantastic. Just wait for it's official unveiling at Legends, I think everyone will be amazed, it's a stunner.

I e-mailed all coupe owners but if you are free Thursday night in Pacific Grove for a little get together, send me a PM.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Okay, after seeing these guys driving across the country to be at this event I have no excuse not to bring my coupe (4 hours away). I'm at the track Friday but will be in Monterey until late that night. Gathering? Photo shoot? I'll only be in town on Friday...

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tod, we are covered! Car covers on each car and a floor separating both decks. So we don't need to worry about Chris Ohmes oil leak either!

Re: OCCoupe's 3.8 stroker I'm officially jealous. I might have to talk with Don about another heart transplant in the next year or so.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, if its true confession time, I failed to properly seat my rear crankshaft seal when changing the automatic to a five speed, and I have a leak. I took it to a local independent shop to fix whilst I was travelling two months ago, and the shop determined that despite the fact that my work was scheduled other cars were to be given priority because they were daily drivers and my car was a "toy." I was perfectly willing to pay them $1,500 to fix this, but I was not willing to let the car sit with them for weeks on end while they gave other work priority. So, I took my car back, stashed some extra oil in the trunk, and will be checking my oil regularly until I get around to addressing this. But hey, Annabelle sure is beautiful.

TodB

Reaction score
Tod, we are covered! Car covers on each car and a floor separating both decks. So we don't need to worry about Chris Ohmes oil leak either!
Re: OCCoupe's 3.8 stroker I'm officially jealous. I might have to talk with Don about another heart transplant in the next year or so.

Not to worry, no brake fluid leak here, just funnin'. I'm also looking forward to seeing OCcoupe's coupe as I have followed the build thread. And as the three of us know, Nachtblau IS the best color!