Monterey 2016, 100th year party, Legends etc

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's a nice event but as Jay says you guys are going to be tired. I would just spectate. Better leave CK by 11, 3 1/2 hours to San Luis Obispo, Hwy 1 from there is easily 4 hours to Carmel.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Longer than 4 hours if you want to stop and see the sights or get stuck behind a slow poke in a rented Mustang. It is a great drive from Morrow Bay to Carmel.

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
good input

We will likely spectate then and you are collectively right, the drive north is worth taking our time and giving our E9s the time they deserve on this special route.

Of course, if the organizer wants us to park our cars in the main event without a sponsorship fee we will happily do so!

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Who wants to caravan from LA to Monterey on Monday Aug 15?

Hi E9 folks driving from SoCal to Monterey,

Our merry band of east coast E9s will be travelling up to Monterey from Orange County Monday morning after visiting Coupe King briefly. We plan to drive 101 to Santa Barbara, have lunch there, and drive the rest of the way on highway 1.

There are three of us E9s now and more are welcome of course!

We will also display our cars at the Carmel Concours on Tuesday morning if any of you are interested in joining that. The organizer is super excited to have 3 E9s there to balance out his crop of expensive Ferarris.

Also attached photo of our planning lunch today, the 3rd time we've gotten together since last Fall to discuss our weeklong plans and make decisions, while enjoying a good lunch and one or two beers!

Attachments

• E9 lunch.JPG
    E9 lunch.JPG
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 172

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
There is a possibility that I might drive up with you. I am leaving Monday and staying the night in Morro Bay; then heading out early on Tuesday to drive the 1 in to Carmel. The traffic on the 1 is much lighter in the morning and takes about 2.5 hours to get to Carmel from Morro. When do you guys arrive in SoCal? I'm near HBChris in Costa Mesa.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wayne,

i will be coming down the 101 from the north in my coupe on Monday morning to spend 2 days in SB before heading back up to Monterey on Wednesday. The timing is such that I could probably make it down there by lunch. Let me know what sort of lunch you want to have and I can come up with some recommendations (from fish tacos on the pier to a more sit down style place). Lots of options and it's all close to 101.

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sven and OCcoupe

Hi guys,

@ Sven, meeting up around lunch time in SB on Monday sounds great, and fish tacos even better (at least for me), but we will work something out. And after all your great counsel for my Megasquirt tuning, it will be great to meet you in person.

@ OCCoupe, Doug and Chris arrive mid-day on Sunday the 14th and I'll be picking them up from LAX. We get our cars that afternoon in Orange County, will clean them up for the drive and then have a casual dinner somewhere on the coastline between Costa Mesa and Laguna Beach that evening. If you want to join us, let me know.

I've not worked out Coupeking apt yet with Peter but that would be first thing monday before our drive north.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One suggestion....... Mike and Chris are locals and foodies too and know all the hang outs but there is a place called Javier's in Corona del Mar right on PCH overlooking the water between Laguna and Costa Mesa. The food is good but the parking on a Sunday if you get there fairly early is pretty good (for that area this time of year). They used to have C&C on other end of lot back in the day. May be able to park all the cars together as there is a big outside lot if not using Valet. Which you don't usually need to do. I'm assuming around 6 or so cars? It is a weekend day however and it is high season. Just a suggestion.............

I might pop my head in for a Pacifico (or 2) if you guys end up there or somewhere close by. I'm not leaving for Monterrey until Thursday the 18th.... early AM.

Here is the link to Javier's: http://www.javiers-cantina.com/#!/page_HOME

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Need some clarification please... If you're driving an E9 and not looking to show it, just park it in the mix, and you choose the Festorics Corral Lakebed option do you have to choose the "display" option or not? Hopefully my question makes sense.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The Festorics has no display option, everyone is in the Lakebed. If you meant Legends selecting Display/corral will put all e9s together in the Judged area of the fairway.

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi all, we are getting close and the Virginia/Maryland contingent is getting excited. Our E9s might be picked up for the cross country haul as early as next Wednesday. Anyway, we will stay August 14th in Orange County and will follow the advice for Xavier's in CDM for Sunday night if anyone wants to join us. On Monday, after stopping by my car's restoration birthplace, Coupeking, around 9 am we will head north to Santa Barbara and maybe join Sven for some fish tacos at lunch. Thereafter, towards Moro Bay and the highway one drive up to Monterey. Our three cars (wayne, doug and Chris) will be entered in the Carmel Concours on Tuesday. Peter Coomorawsarmy is joining our posse from Texas without his car. And Stan will join us Wednesday night! We found a nice place that's not too expensive in Carmel.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wayne,

I might join you Sunday night, can't wait for the festivities to begin. At last count, 42 coupes at Legends! I can make a reservation at Javier's for that night.

Chris

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wayne,

I might join you Sunday night, can't wait for the festivities to begin. At last count, 42 coupes at Legends! I can make a reservation at Javier's for that night.

Chris
Thanks, Chris, that would be great. Maybe a table for 5 as there are four of us at that time, say 7 pm for now?

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Safe travels guys. We set out for Pacific Grove on August 8th. This is going to be great.
Thanks Andrew, and you will likely get the most miles personally driven award for Athena. See you and Cindy there.