Mike Burroughs’s 1971 BMW E9 (STANCE WORKS)

Discussion in 'E9 Photo Gallery' started by ENINE, Apr 2, 2012.

1. ENINE

ENINE New Member

Not mine, but a solid write up with a tastefully modified E9.

http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/03/a-walk-in-the-park-with-my-gal-mike-burroughss-1971-bmw-e9/

2. bfeng

bfeng Active Member

This fellow knows how to take good car pictures...

But like others ... I want to know what the turning radius is and how slow it has to go entering/existing driveways.

3. deQuincey

deQuincey Active Member Site Donor

View My Garage
    "...the chance to preserve a bit of automotive history" ??? :oops:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  4. David

David Active Member Site Donor

View My Garage
    Clearly a lot of time and talent went into that car. It's your car and you can certainly do whatever you want with it, but until these cars get treated like classics they will never be considered classics.

5. bfeng

bfeng Active Member

But elsewhere it's different

I don't know if you get across the little pond often, but go to Goodwood or one of the other big UK classic car festivals. One thing I LIKE about the old car scene there is the hot-rod attitude they take with cars we consider sacred in their pristine, original form. Not at all uncommon to see DB5's tooting around with added air intakes, lemans gas filler caps, etc. Yes, the 100% perfect and original ones are probably worth the most but the ones that get souped up with period-sensitive upgrades (and a few nods to modern reliability) also bring respect and the big bucks.

John

6. sreams

sreams Member

I respect the effort... but to me it just looks like it had a solid rear axle that broke in half. There is nothing appealing to me about how those wheels sit in the arches... and I love tastefully lowered cars.

-S

7. kasbatts

kasbatts Member Site Donor

Each to there own I say, personally I think it looks great, good to see younger guys getting into the E9, I'm sure Mike is well aware of the limitations lowering his car creates, but I'm picking it's a look thing he's after, it's a cool boulevard cruiser, he's not doing Laguna Seca in it, and at the end of the day it's only a set of springs to put it back to original (and maybe a panel and repaint of the front fenders ?) :)