Luigi Kisses The Bricks

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
We took Luigi back east last week to the SVRA Brickyard Vintage Invitational and managed 2 feature wins with him. I have to say that coming out on to pit lane the first time was pretty special! And driving down the front straight thru the canyon of grandstands, seeing the Pagoda, and thinking about all the drivers that have raced there was an unforgettable experience.

On Saturday I qualified on pole and led from the green flag. Bill Glavin finished 2nd in his CSL, with Kevin Ruble finished 3rd in his E36 M3, so it was an all BMW podium with E9's in P1 and P2!

IMG_0161.JPG

On Sunday I started on pole again and was never challenged. Tom Clark finished 2nd in his 911, and Tom Briest finished 3rd in his 914/6. Bill Glavin had some kind of an issue with his CSL and went home Sunday morning.

LuigiCrossesBricks.jpg

Luigi ran very strong all weekend and seemed well suited to this track. A couple of long straights connected with some pretty tight corners that allowed him to use his torque and legs. He was just hitting the rev limiter (7,400 RPM) in 5th before braking for turn 1, which was 125-130 MPH. Not bad for a 40 year old.

Photos courtesy of Jim Froula and Dennis Gray.