Korman Triple Weber Setup

DavidE9

Reaction score
Korman Triple weber setup.
Weber 40
Basically whats in the pictures is what you get! Honestly don't know much about it!

SOLD SOLD SOLD

urHhB2Dh.jpg

PtNFvQIh.jpg

BpNXpCmh.jpg

ITN6TYvh.jpg

WAfKanJh.jpg

5EhyeMuh.jpg

8pQQHuuh.jpg

vcbHZeXh.jpg

a5DcmHMh.jpg

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Those are Weber DCOE 149s. I had a setup very similar to this on my car. The Korman manifolds are not easy to find.

In order to get this into an e9, you need to pull the mechanical fuel pump and install an electric pump, install a modified tstat housing (which Korman still sells) and change the brake booster for a tii brake booster. Stevehose has an excellent thread on this site on his installation (although he has a different manifold).

I notice in the second picture that the lock screw and lock nut that hold the auxiliary venturi in place are missing from the underside of one of the carbs. These are important (and cheap) parts as they keeps the auxiliary venturi aligned with its fuel source.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
If this recently came off a car, try to get the thermostat housing and coolant bypass plumbing. That would make it much more of a complete kit.

With the Korman manifold and the curved foam filters I recall this system clears the stock booster. No? For me, it was when i changed to K&N filters that it interferes with the booster. I solved it by modifying the shape of the K&N filter .

Venturi set screws: I ran several BMW’s without these for many years w/o problems. The chokes and venturis have alignment pins/springs that key into a slot inside the carb bores. I’m not saying these set screws aren’t good. I’m sure everything is better with them installed. I just personally didnt seem to need them on 40DCOE’s to achieve a good tune.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
With the Korman manifold and the curved foam filters I recall this system clears the stock booster. No?

I never actually installed these on my car, but the guy I bought my setup from had modified the curved foam filter on the center carb. I assumed he did this for clearance reasons.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
May be helpful to pull the idle and main jets, choke inserts and post what sizes they are.