Just bought one of these from a private party...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
... for my work (not mine). After checking into them they sound pretty cool, but I wouldn't own one because of the maintenance. 6.2L V12 twin turbo! 612hp, over 700lbft of torque. The owner spent over $20k trying to get the suspension to work right and its still acting up. He's "done with it" and we bought it from him. It just showed up today so I haven't looked at it mechanically yet...

IMG_20170228_143110754.jpg

IMG_20170228_143124900_HDR.jpg

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I would love a CL63.

CL65 is way to brave for me.

$20k in suspension? How does that happen? I would see about getting aftermarket coilovers to replace the OEM suspension if it's that bad.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I would love a CL63.

CL65 is way to brave for me.

$20k in suspension? How does that happen? I would see about getting aftermarket coilovers to replace the OEM suspension if it's that bad.
My thoughts exactly, and put the hydraulic units in the garage for when you sell the car. But I still wouldn't own one. I'm going to ask the owner, of the business I work for, if I can drive it to the local cars and coffee event before we sell it..

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have an '03 SL55 AMG (8 cylinder with supercharger), ~55K miles. A couple of mods, and it has ONLY 545 hp and 575 ft lbs. Suspension is fabulous and car corners like it's on rails. Accelerates faster than my e9!!! - ha.

Enjoy, and hope the maintenance doesn't bankrupt the company. These cars IF well maintained by every owner are great buys. If you own it, it helps if you can do most of the work needed yourself.

Gary-

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
We've been sorting this car out and I've driven it a few times now. I think this is the fastest car I've ever driven. My wife loves it but I'd get bored with it pretty quickly... and be nervous about what will need attention on it next! The power is amazing and the suspension is very impressive. Too bad it doesn't look like a CS. LOL