Joining from Montreal

CANADA CS

Reaction score
This is Paul in Montreal joining the Forum now after five years of ownership of a 1973 3.0 CS. After reading and following numerous threads I decided it was time. Have found it very informative and sometimes entertaining!

Having completed much of the cosmetic upgrade and sourcing many replacement parts while originals were still available, I now have some experience that can be shared, will need harder to find parts, and have some decent original parts to be sold. There are still lots of projects left so I will continue looking for advice.

Needless to say the CS is a car that I have admired since becoming a BMW nut in the 70's and actually driving a new one in 1974. Have owned two 2002's a 320i and a 325i over the years so much is already familiar.

Looking forward to being in the community.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! It is quite the ride. I have learned so much from members here, my car is way better off than before I joined. Let me be the first to request some photos of your Coupe.:)
Mike

Mauler

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bonjour from another Paul in the Okanagan!
I'm just at the beginning of my journey into the insanity.
Feel free to share your sage advice.
I lay first dibs on the parts!

CANADA CS

Reaction score
Hi Mike
Really only have one decent picture:
Canada CS.JPG

CANADA CS

Reaction score
Bonjour from another Paul in the Okanagan!
I'm just at the beginning of my journey into the insanity.
Feel free to share your sage advice.
I lay first dibs on the parts!

Hi Paul
Judging by the picture your car will not need any trim parts...it is super clean.

My best advice is never over-tighten anything!

Bouliac

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Paul,

Congratulations. I am in the Plateau, I'd love to see you collection of old parts, and talk about your sourcing
John in Montreal

CANADA CS

Reaction score
Hello John

So there are a few more CS's around Montreal!

Met a guy at the Bai D'urfe car show last summer who had just bought a CSI and he is also somewhere in the city.

Maybe overstated the parts thing as I really only have a number of trim parts to eventually sell off.

Have however bought quite a few new parts. Most of my sources were found through the forum and I would be glad to share experience.

Paul

Bouliac

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Paul,
I'm in Montreal, the car is in my home town...Reno Nv. Usually I bring the parts from Reno to Montreal, but no reason not to do the opposite ! Anyway, the important thing is to share the experiences.

J

tmason

Reaction score
Hi Paul and welcome to the Forum. I will be in Montreal this year for F1 race so if you are around would love to meet up. Also I see John replied and it sounds like he is in Reno and would love to meet up here or there, John? My email is [email protected] or pm me for my cel #.
Thanks Tim

CANADA CS

Reaction score
Hi Paul and welcome to the Forum. I will be in Montreal this year for F1 race so if you are around would love to meet up. Also I see John replied and it sounds like he is in Reno and would love to meet up here or there, John? My email is [email protected] or pm me for my cel #.
Thanks Tim

Hello Tim

Used to be an avid goer to the F1 races but many years ago.

These days we try to avoid the downtown that weekend!

Glad to hear you will visit Montreal. That weekend can be quite the party.

Paul

tmason

Reaction score
Hi Paul
Can you give me any tips on seating areas? My buddy and I are going there Friday and planning on getting a 3 day pass but waiting till we get there to buy tickets for our Wife's (maybe craigslist?). They are not that interested in the race but they said maybe so do you think we can get tickets there?
Thank you for any input, Tim.

CANADA CS

Reaction score
Hello Tim

The last race I went to was in the 1980's so not up to date at all....
The official site with lots of good info. is www.grandprixmontreal.com.
I was cheap in those days and used to sit on the grass at the hairpin turn (definitely not the best).
Lots of visitors and things going on in the city that weekend so my only advice would be to book early.

Paul

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
I took my sons to the Canadian GP in Montreal 2 years in a row in the late '90s. there is NO bad seat, NO bad restaurant, NO bad experience, It is a total freaking loud Grand Prix experience that you will remember forever. The French Canadian culture adds so much, and everyone is so into the experience. Yes, book early, do not rush while you are there, take your time, enjoy! Mike