Jacket from the 70´s

bmwkai

Reaction score
Thought it could be fun to have. Does anyone know where to find something like this?
15193568_1824031134539788_7583172382206338100_n.jpg

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I found one just like it on German EBay a couple of years ago. I think they do come up occasionally.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
The one that Stuck is wearing seems to be an off the rack Head ski jacket from the era. The one worn by Braungart is an actual "Made By Head For BMW Motorsport" Team jacket. They were white originally and were changed to blue. Who has a white one for sale?

JimV

Site Donor
Reaction score
Southeastern Wisconsin, Northeastern Indiana - sma
Perhaps Hans received a special one since he was BMWs hot shoe of the era. The dark blue version was worn by the Motorsport Team in the mid seventies and were sold in the US by Miller & Norburn; perhaps others as well. I bought one from them in (about) 1975 or thereabouts, wore it often back in the day. it now gets the heirloom treatment and used only for special occasions. I Googled "vintage BMW Motorsport jacket" and found both a white and blue one. Both have now been sold but I bet you could find one with diligence and patience...

Cheers,
Jim

BMW_NUERBURGRING_1970S_2013_02pop-M.jpg

bmwkai

Reaction score
Thank You everyone
Seems like I am going to be patient.... not my style. I want one!

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Mine is exactly like that, in excellent condition, which I paid about $220. for 18 months ago. Be patient!

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Stan, did you ever hear that luck was the precise convergence of preparation and opportunity. Nahhh, you're right, I am the luckiest guy on the planet:)))

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Stan, did you ever hear that luck was the precise convergence of preparation and opportunity. Nahhh, you're right, I am the luckiest guy on the planet:)))

No you are lucky because a slim little 70's jacket fits you. 2016 medium = extra large in 1970. Size inflation to make people feel less fat. With a name like ski coach, it's no surprise! :D