Is this wire connection permanent?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Or does one side come out? I don't want to break it if not. Thanks.

ps2_jIpVyUWUzqAlAzL7VTtlI-jwUkDaQcbZpxSaVAESmfdTgAhWlImzD5v2o1NMGMf-QyCI_ED3bGhAfUP3bMnmqJImhOdJnWBWDkzECIUXrRcqlwRHfFzrYEvR2pkiGt_W_ifrOP3qtHwXov09C8AkVi3LcbG4YQCin4ugWmjF2vwOm2zS9Po3wzb-VUqmN3uwrhg0m60vYccGgcL9qn2DEJnS-L-vKZ2wx_klCd45AaWzJn1uDYLKXzIT2jH892G7sPRxuxASnBHaBUg7JMkEDENtylb34Miz7aRHPD195xsIQBjJhTb9USXdR3e0ShJyhd4TY8cD-zP2v-7aL3soakJ_BC1MBgVGHbQE-Zg2wr1QC6mBHblQn6gRsLXTMlX_qPj_WfHxL6BXiiJ8SrBrMsqaOiVfzDigtZguHEVhip0-mg247-wbLdaYGge1-w_QrX9KKrw_-9CMWsGt-zWQQZCMHUvyFrMv74l4nB0jHJg0CIdeQiY_ivzKul-ORjPpW2iQFgU99zXbAEVCpuRCAvdr2ycsA6PKaHNH3-mL2XvTmLKrLIuZ_WqYOdIcXasBaRfhkrqMwB5DWG4aDLe0be28B1XApwt0eAAfBUs1gLtBf1gt=w579-h771-no

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It pulls apart. I can't recall exactly but I think the male terminals stay put.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think the female terminals have little tabs in them that snap into a grove in the male terminals, making them difficult to separate.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If you look really carefully there is a place to insert a small screwdriver or pointed device and release the connectors.
It's like a flap in the plastic cover.
Same way for heater wire connector.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Honestly I just pulled mine apart. I will look at the female terminals. This was for the power windows up front.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
So there's a tab on the female connector inside the clear insulation housing. If you look closely there's a spot (look at the black arrow) where you can depress the tab then slide the connector out of the housing. You'll need to pull the tab back up when you slide the connector back in to the housing so it will snag and stay in place.

IMG_6227.JPG

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mike, I think you are pointing to the male side which is longer. The female should just pull out unless that tab was really bent outwards. Just a thought.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, thanks, when I got in there to inspect I couldn't see any tabs and it looked like the female side was unlocked so I used the needle nose pliers on them and they came out so for the record the seatbelt warning connectors under the belt reels are not locked with tabs lol. Appreciate the help.

Steve was that what you are looking for?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, thanks, when I got in there to inspect I couldn't see any tabs and it looked like the female side was unlocked so I used the needle nose pliers on them and they came out so for the record the seatbelt warning connectors under the belt reels are not locked with tabs lol. Appreciate the help.

Okay so I'm not wreckless with my parts car then...

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread but does any one know where to get just the clear plastic connector housings?

Thanks, Rick

I have not been able to find them, but if I need to remove them for whatever reason I replace them with a modern connector from one of the electronics supply places like Mouser or Newark.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have not been able to find them, but if I need to remove them for whatever reason I replace them with a modern connector from one of the electronics supply places like Mouser or Newark.

I can replicate them. They would cost about $20 each though... :( They would also be white.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score

stphers

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

Just ordered 40 of them from goodspeedmotoring. And I will have to look further into the British wiring shop as well, they seem to have some of the proper 2 color coded wire as well

Thanks, Rick