Headling Bars

EggUK

Reaction score
I'm looking to convert my 1974 E9 CSI rhd, with sunroof, to a non sunroof.

Am I correct in the understanding that as a sunroof model, my car dosent have the metal bars needed for the headling as fitted in a non-sunroof model. If so I then need to source these bars, I might have access to some from an E3, how do you think these might compare ?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Usually people want to do the opposite, why do you want to replace the roof?
That's a big job for a professional shop. Easiest thing to do is not do it. I wish my CSi had a sunroof.

EggUK

Reaction score
Usually people want to do the opposite, why do you want to replace the roof?
That's a big job for a professional shop. Easiest thing to do is not do it. I wish my CSi had a sunroof.

They are just more trouble that they are worth IMO .... At the moment I'm just weighing up the possibility, mine has let in water in the past, damaged a small section of the roof and the headling is shot. Not sure I want the expense of repairing it in light of the potential problems it brings with it.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just redirect the rear drains to the fender well and call it good. Doesn't cost anything to leave the sunroof closed either.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What needs to be repaired?

Cables can be sourced and are fairly easy to install. Volvos have Golde sunroofs as well, yet have metal lifters, where the originals were plastic.