Headers

Kizilsakal

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi everyone

here is a question for the experts
would the headers from an m3 fit the m30?

here is the picture

2014-07-30_00-42.jpg

thanks

Tierfreund

Reaction score
everything is different. don´t bother, it´d be easier to build a new header yourself. Much easier and cheaper to just buy one.

Besides: Unless you are building a very serrious M30 a header will mostly look good but do very little good. The cast manifolds are pretty good at what they are supposed to do. The stock M30 head will not rev and breathe well enough for headers to be of any benefit. A header will only make sense if you are looking at building a M30 with a very peaky torque curve, basically a track day or race engine. For any kind of street driving you would want a more even torque curve even on a high-Po engine and for that the cast manfolds and exhaust design will work much better.
Even the most potent M30s built by Alpina for street applications stayed with the cast manifolds.
The M30 ain´t no american V8, you know...

Kizilsakal

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you Tierfreund

My car had headers when I bought it, and it was supposedly modified by alpina back in the 70's. that's why I was asking.
6949809093_bd95514ff2_z.jpg

I have 2 E9's a CSi and a CSL.

The CSL has flared wheel arches on it. I haven't decided yet but it will be either a modified road car or a race car at the end.

6311831336_980806c7ed_b.jpg

Thanks again

Kizilsakal

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes I realize that.

When I checked the numbers this engine was from a bavaria that was shipped to the U.S.

I don't know when the car received this engine. maybe the headers were there when they changed the engine.

I found the first owner of this car, and he was the one who told me that he had it modified by Alpina. I heard confirming stories of this car from other people afterwards but there are no documents about it. Only some clues like the dogleg 5 speed, battery in the trunk or the speedo.

6311826298_db6c07c08b_b.jpg

you can see pictures of it from the day I bought it here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kizilsakal/sets/72157628291209713/

Take care