Guess What I'm Getting for Christmas?

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
WM_Le_Mans-1977-06-12-071.jpg

No Kidding!! I have been able to purchase the Luigi BMW team car chassis #001!! The car was for sale in Italy. My friend was there, and looked at the car for me, verified its authenticity, and a deal was made.

I have begun arranging transportation to Seattle where Racecraft will prep it for this coming vintage season.

It has the original M30 block with Alpina head and slide throttle mechanical FI, 5 speed dog-leg trans, motorsporst roll cage, and center lock BBS basket weave wheels.

The car is currently liveried in Motorsports strips and white, and sports Grp. 5 fenders. I have a set of the narrow Grp. 2 Luigi fenders already. My plan is to re-livery it as the UFO Jeans #71 car that it wore at Le Mans in 1977.

Here's a summary of its racing career:

http://www.racingsportscars.com/chassis/CSL-Luigi-001#.html

Here are some shots of it as Jim was inspecting it in the former owner's collection:

IMAGE_9.jpg

IMAGE_13.jpg

IMAGE_14.jpg

IMAGE_15.jpg

bdigel

Reaction score
WOW !
too cool ! very exciting news Steve .
whats happening with the jagger car lately?

RonP

Reaction score
We need to converse! Congrats on the purchase and this is like déjà vu. We also own a Group 2 CSL in Group 5 livery. Would like to share some info. Please PM me with contact info!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congratulations!! Should be fun to sit in over the winter and contemplate the corners it has travelled through.

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
WOW !
too cool ! very exciting news Steve .
whats happening with the jagger car lately?

We finally found the source of the cooling system pressurization issue. I don't want to say much as it has to do with someone screwing up really badly.

The engine is currently being rebuilt by Terry Tinney and should be back to us right after the holidays.

I will probably put the car up for sale once we have made sure all issues are resolved. I have mixed feelings about selling it after all the blood, sweat, and tears we have put into it, but I really don't have room for 2 CSL's in my barn.

1316228016_9739.jpg