fuel issues 3.0 csl

readie

Reaction score
so, i now have the car in a garage near me. the first thing to do is get the engine going. it seems a new fuel pump and fuel relay is needed.

does anyone have any ideas for replacements, i have seen a comment that jegs have one which could fit.

are the original pumps good enough ? can i just use any m30 engine fuel pump and relay ? I have an e28 m535i so know plenty of suppliers for the engine ?

any sugestions as to where i can source the pump and the relay ?

any help appreciated

MMercury

Reaction score
so, i now have the car in a garage near me. the first thing to do is get the engine going. it seems a new fuel pump and fuel relay is needed.

does anyone have any ideas for replacements, i have seen a comment that jegs have one which could fit.

Perhaps you have perused the archives on this subject. If not, for starters, look here: http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6036
http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4946

Is it possible you are prematurely condemning either the relay or the pump? Nothing lasts indefinitely, but the pumps are pretty stout. Have you actually bench tested it with 12 volts? Are you getting voltage to the relay?

Good luck.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Agree with MM here - its easy enough to check the pump - even getting 12v to it from a battery while its in the car isnt too bad if jacked up and the back left wheel removed.

You should be able to hear the relay click - its under the back right seat next top the brain/ecu.

Fuel pumps can be sourced fairly easily online - i think for the m30 engine they are all fairly similar and will do the job as the engines generally need a similar amount of fuel.

Regards,

Rohan

giannicsl

Reaction score
Hello

I have an ALMOST NEW pump for CSL.
PRESSURE 2.2 BAR, the maximum POSSIBLE for D-JETRONIC!

SELL 130,00 EUROS. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED WRITE TO ME IN PM