For sale 3.0 CSI

Jacquescs

Reaction score
IMG_1016.JPG
IMG_1015.JPG
Hi E9 lovers! (As i am)))

Proudly offering this stunning E9 CSI for € 75.000,-

Please send me a personal message with your questions and email adress, when the price is in your budget.
This car it is for sure in a high quality standard!

Shipping worldwide

Kind regards

Last edited:

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
More pics? Location? Restored? Original? Private sale? Hard to know if price is right without this info?

Jacquescs

Reaction score
Beautiful!! Love the velour interior, it looks like it could be in a brochure from back in the day.
Thank you Vince!

The interior is completely original! Never renewed.
That tells a lot about how the car was taken care of in its entire life of almost 45 years.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
That is why i'm asking for a pm.
So i can send all the information needed.

Sharp car! Your contact request is fair. You listed the price which is a forum guideline. If anyone is interested they can PM you for details. :)

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
View attachment 24462 View attachment 24461 Hi E9 lovers! (As i am)))

Proudly offering this stunning E9 CSI for € 75.000,-

Please send me a personal message with your questions and email adress, when the price is in your budget.
This car it is for sure in a high quality standard!

Shipping worldwide

Kind regards
Nice Car, I hope you get every penny! This might inspire me to finish mine.

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Jacquescs, A fine looking CSI! If you are still looking for a buyer, perhaps you could provide a bit more info that E9 buyers usually seek. Does the car have rust (I'm thinking not...) and have welding repairs been made? If it has escaped all rust, how was it so lucky? What is the paint history? Original color? If repainted, an indication of the quality of that work?
As many in this forum are in the US and your chances of getting serious interest may increase with some more info. As you know many in the US expect "Klima" and that could affect numbers of interested buyers. Finally, some would like to know whether you are a dealer or perhaps a long term owner of this handsome CSI?

Jacquescs

Reaction score
Jacquescs, A fine looking CSI! If you are still looking for a buyer, perhaps you could provide a bit more info that E9 buyers usually seek. Does the car have rust (I'm thinking not...) and have welding repairs been made? If it has escaped all rust, how was it so lucky? What is the paint history? Original color? If repainted, an indication of the quality of that work?
As many in this forum are in the US and your chances of getting serious interest may increase with some more info. As you know many in the US expect "Klima" and that could affect numbers of interested buyers. Finally, some would like to know whether you are a dealer or perhaps a long term owner of this handsome CSI?

Thank you! It is one of the best for sale!
It doesn't have rust. There are some minor weldings finished. The innerfenders needed some small repairs, as we did how the original looks. Also the spare wheel place is renewed by a piece of Wallothnesch. Further the car had some minor surface rust, and some wear and tear as the paint was old. Polaris is the original colour, and so is the complete interior! So carpet, cloth, doorpanels, wood etc is all the original who belongs to this car, and still looks excellent after all these years! No cracks in the dash, so not hidden or repaired. The paint is 4 months old and absolutely perfect!! No cloud effect or anything.
The car was new delivered in Italy in 1972, in the beginning of 2000 imported to The Netherlands, and then sold to a Belgium custommer. He had it for severall years and i bought it directly from him.
The Alpina look wheels in 7x14 are perfect and the Vredestein Classic Sprint tyres 205/70/14 are brandnew.
This is a really fine original example, who had minor wear and tear. The car was always driveable in its entire life, so not a car who had comed almost to an end and welded a hundred of times to keep it roadworthy. I see these to often offered on the net :(((
Klima is a system you can build in aftermarket, and this modern system works much better, and not visible after installed So that must not be the isue to let pass the car :)
At the end...i'm a lover who is dissapointed by the cars offered on the market. So i decided to sell some, but in a way as they should be and really hard to find! As original possible, and not as a so called "Fully perfecto excellent amazing restored condition"

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you, Jacques. Very useful summary. If I was in market, I'd be interested. My hunch is that after the CSLs, original condition CSIs are the model with the most potential upside in the future (though I may be biased).

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Thank you, Jacques. Very useful summary. If I was in market, I'd be interested. My hunch is that after the CSLs, original condition CSIs are the model with the most potential upside in the future (though I may be biased).

@Twisting lane, The CSI that i am in the middle of restoring, to a solid driver, all rust removed, with a no excuses paint finish; I don't know how close i can get it to Jacquesc's csi, but I'm shooting for it.

My CSI is a Polaris and blue velure originally, identical to jacquescs's. I haven't had a chance to find the engine size so i am not sure if it's a 3.0 or a 3.5, but it's a 5 speed (i know it was upgraded, but wasn't sure if it was displacement and a gearbox, or newer 3 litter and a matching 5 speed gearbox, my attention is/was to another car, but slowly coming around to the csi)

Here's the question, the velure is ratted out, do you bring it back to the blue velure? Or go leather, and if leather, what's the best color for a Polaris? This question is purely geared towards resale (and maybe driver comfort:D), in case i decide to sell it later.

P.S.

Jacquescs, your csi was inspirational, I am continuing the work on the csi! Thanks for posting!

Jacquescs

Reaction score
@Twisting lane, The CSI that i am in the middle of restoring, to a solid driver, all rust removed, with a no excuses paint finish; I don't know how close i can get it to Jacquesc's csi, but I'm shooting for it.

My CSI is a Polaris and blue velure originally, identical to jacquescs's. I haven't had a chance to find the engine size so i am not sure if it's a 3.0 or a 3.5, but it's a 5 speed (i know it was upgraded, but wasn't sure if it was displacement and a gearbox, or newer 3 litter and a matching 5 speed gearbox, my attention is/was to another car, but slowly coming around to the csi)

Here's the question, the velure is ratted out, do you bring it back to the blue velure? Or go leather, and if leather, what's the best color for a Polaris? This question is purely geared towards resale (and maybe driver comfort:D), in case i decide to sell it later.

P.S.

Jacquescs, your csi was inspirational, I am continuing the work on the csi! Thanks for posting!
Hi Rex,

I always prefer the original, but as the cloth is hard to get similar as the original, i would prefer the dark blue leather. But make sure that it is the original quality and colour. And very important: someone who can make an exact copy of it as the original leather seats. Details are important, as there are so many E9 with wrong details.

Have fun proceeding your E9 Lex!

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Rex, about your car, I agree with Jacques. I don't think the blue fabric is available. And the dark blue leather should look very good. And about your engine, CSIs are fuel injected 3.0 cars. Check if your engine VIN matches the body VIN. If so my bias is to keep car pretty original...
Let's start a new thread if there are more questions that don't apply to the original post...

Last edited: