Foha Spoiler?

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Interesting story about the kind of crazy people out there that we are in contact with following leads on Ebay and CL.
About a week ago I posted an ad saying I purchased a Hoha Spoiler off a classic 528. Not knowing or even ever hearing anything about one. I thought it may be of use to a member of the forum. I am going to give you a word for word summary of what turned out to be a nightmare.
My first contact was a phone conversation with "Her', a nice senior person. We talked about how many BMWs each of us had owned and also how we both owned Oldsmobiles in our younger years.
All other conversations were done by texting back and forth.
Day One.
Her: You said you live in Maryland yet you have a Massachusetts number. This is a COMPLETE SCAM!!!!!!
Me : I never said I live in Maryland,I thought you did. I assure you this is not a scam.
Her: Okay. Send the cash by Western Union then,it's right around the corner from me,today then.
Me: Is it OK if nI do it in the morning?
Her: Okay,just let me know when to get it.
Me: OK thank you.
Her: Okay I'm just be protective of myself.
Me: I do not blame you.
Her: Your area code 1-508 is based in Massachusetts.
Me: Correct.
Her: Is that the state you live in? Okay. No problem then will wait until 2morrow.Have a Blessed day.
Me: You also.
Day Tow
Her: Good Morning. What time will you be able to wire the money?
Me: Around 1:00. I will call you.
Her: No later than 1:30 or the deal will be totally OFF. Indefinitely. So beyond that time don't bother to call. I have absolutely no time for 4 game playing.Have a blessed day. And will not respond to any texts. Including calls.
Me: All set. Tracking number 3215798165. Thanks.
Her: LOOK that tracking number is FLORIDA and your a S.I.C.K. Mo------Fu. You r.e.a.l.l.y thought I would have walked in the hot sun for Bull sh----ness?
F u and go suck your Mo----!
Me:
I just checked with your Western Union. I sent it from Hannaford Market Uxbridge,Ma.I am sure they have the money waiting.
Her: DO NOT TEXT ME AGAIN. GOODBY!
Day Three
Me: The money has been at Western Union waiting for you to pick it up. Once you do let me know and I will send you the box to ship it in. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Me: Please pick up the money.
I than checked with Western Union and was ntold the money was not picked up as yet.
Today
Me: I called Western Union and was ntold the money was paid
Please confirm and I will send the box for you to send the spoiler Thanks. Harry
No Answer as yet.
I am sure other members have similar storieshowever I'm sure none are XX Rated.
I think I was more than polite during the whole mess.

tow
Her:

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anytime you get a "Have a blessed day" and "send money Western Union" I run the other way. I'd be shocked if you receive that spoiler. Was it CL or EBay? Must have been CL so no repercussions, no way to collect and reporting won't really do anything. Kind of a random item to scam on. Sorry to hear that.

Last edited:

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
never send western union always paypal so you can dispute
maybe they can help or find where it was delivered call the cops

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Anytime you get a "Have a blessed day" and "send money Western Union" I run the other way. I'd be shocked if you receive that spoiler. Was it CL or EBay? Must have been CL so no repercussions, no way to collect and reporting won't really do anything. Kind of a random item to scam on. Sorry to hear that.
You are correct. I'm too trustworthy/
Thanks
Harry

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Even CL says "Do not use Western Union."
I finally contacted the seller using a different phone.Left a message that if I did not hear from her in the next hour I would call the local Police Dept in her town.
alf hour later I received a call saying she picked up the money on the 14th four days after I wired it. She sad that after receiving the Western Union receipt which I I mailed her a day after I wired the money. I am in the process of mailing her an empty box for the spoiler.
Any one interested in the spoiler PM me now and I will be able to ship it from the seller's location.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's so presumptuous to say "have a blessed day" what if you're conversing with a satanist, I mean how do you think that makes them feel? Some people are so insensitive!

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
fraud is still fraud
especially thru the federal postal office
think about that.
I have been waiting for a day and a half for her to give me the lenght so I can send her a box to ship it in. Still could be a scam.
Koopman

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Still not sure. I am looking for a box to ship to the women so she supposedly will ship it to mto the person buying it and save a huge shipping coste. Who knows.
I thought if any member wanted it I could have it shipped directlydouble shipping cost to the buyer and save a huge double shipping cost.Offers excepted!
Koopman