eye candy, fire extinguisher

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
I "think" that's for an E24. I have something similar, but the clasp looks a little different. Also, the bracket on mine doesnt bolt up to my E9 seats in a way the suggests it was designed for my E9 seats.

IMG_1120.jpgIMG_1119.jpgIMG_1118.jpg

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For 6 bucks you can buy a bottle of Sriracha and stick a roundel on it.
It will look the same and more likely to get used.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For 6 bucks you can buy a bottle of Sriracha and stick a roundel on it.
It will look the same and more likely to get used.

And it will go up in value faster too.
The Peoples Republic of California is going to close down the Sriracha factory because of complaint to the pepper smell..... I wonder if the Mexicans will make it with jalapeños?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If the car at 1:25 was mine I would add fuel to that fire...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Appears to take too long to activate (light?) and then put out the fire. Very close proximity too.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
DIY support,

using aluminium tube, and hand made bending, not rocket science,...

this way i can use the ad-hoc fireextinguisher support, and also the seat can go until the farthest position without interference

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score

I’m not really impressed, it seemed to have trouble knocking out that car fire which didn’t appear to be burning all that hot. I’ve got CO2 extinguishers in my shop that would have killed that almost instantly but you’ve really got to be careful with CO2, it can also knock you out in an enclosed area. I’m told halon is the safest for enclosed areas, that is why they use it in computer rooms but I have no actual experience with it, I’ve always used the much cheaper to refill CO2 in my shop. I used a powder bottle one time…….. what a mess to clean up, I switched over to all CO2 in my shop right after that.

I’m still thinking the extinguishers in this thread photos are too small for any gas fire……. you don’t want to ask me how I know. I’ve got a halon one twice that size wedged in alongside the passenger’s seat, best I can do till I get time to change my seating. My best tip for protection against electrical fires is use solder on battery cable ends (especially if you move the battery to the trunk or under the rear seat), if there’s a bad short the solder will melt out breaking the contact……. another don’t ask me how I know. ~ John Buchtenkirch

!!!!!!!!abmw1.jpg

!!!!!!!!abmw2.JPG

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
well, not trying to impress, but to find a solution, i love Halotron, but is forbidden in europe

i have CO2 fire extinguishers but i am concerned about how cold CO2 goes out from the tap and how that would affect a hot engine

the fire inhibitor pictured (the profi version) is used in private aviation, (people that flights as a hobby) and has progresively substituted Halon and other gases in that application

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
some improvements

i have invested in a professional bending equipment to reach this results:

then i have built three different solutions:

one for my "gloria" bmw fire extinguisher smooth and stronger bends:

another one for my tiny but very effective 60 seconds fire killer: this is a prototype, if it works i will use rivets

and a last one for a forum friend with an halotron fire extinguisher (already shipped)

the central plate is intended to fix the fire extinguisher support plate to it and then use the belts to fix the bottle that will be easily removable

all made of aluminium tube, and painted in satin black with stainless steel bolts