eBay '73 CSA for $79 grrr

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Those inner fender tops look ugly...shiny paint over who knows what.

Attachments

• DSC_0102.jpg
    DSC_0102.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 143

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Slush pumper, door wood seems to need work. Funny pisser hose. Agree with '69 2800 above. No under belly shots. Whew, $79K. I am calling my agent in the morning to double my agreed value.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Like the color, the steering wheel, clean car

Do not like missing hood insulation, electric tape patch into hood wiring, can see through into the speaker, sealed beams, tires look cheap

No opinion on price but in general I prefer round numbers

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tough crowd :)

The bad news is that someone will buy it for that price. The good news is our wives may have to eat crow when they see how much they're selling for.

My breakdown (for what it's worth-and that ain't much)

9,000.00 car
4K for the interior
6K for the paint
generously allowing 10K for the labor.

Fair price if that is not rot-through on the fenders and it runs good- 29K
Asking price: seller related to P.T. Barnum

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Also missing all the rubber under the rain gutters on both sides and the funky formed rubber pieces that connect the door rubber to the seals (which are missing) between the door window frame and the roof of the car. The carpet is a standard kit that's not bad but is not at home with a 70K car. The exhaust trumpet is incorrect and I'll leave a little for the rest of you folks :)

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The more I see the cars on ebay, the more I appreciate my own car's originality and realize how good it is despite some faults. ;-)

The Hunting Ridge Motors cars don't sell at their asking prices, this one is quite over priced. I'd expect it be correct down to the wiper blades.

scottd

Reaction score
If someone wants to spend $79k on a low mileage automatic coupe- I'm happy to talk with them about my 54k mile fjord blue.

Scott

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Shouldn't the grab handles on the doors be the color of the door panel? Not black on whatever that color is.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have to say, I am a big fan of the red interior but not on a blue car.
A lot of little details should be addressed for that large asking price.
Without a close up inspection, one does not know if the inner fenders are new or bondo.

sirshorty

Reaction score
79K csa

This dealer is out in the Hamptons and sold that celery green coupe with a partial restoration by the werk shop a while back for big money that also had issues. They try sell all their cars for big money to rich people out there. I have seen many cars at their showroom that are overpriced for their actual condition IMHO. The registry has this car listed as schwartz with a blue interior and a sunroof. May be a vin typo?. Also i don't think blue with a red interior was a factory offered combo by BMW at that time and as others here have pointed out, many little things seem off or sloppy and that is surely not indicative of a 79G car. It should be perfect for that price. Its more like 30g-40g car