Driver's side front window regulator needed

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these they are willing to part with? I have to manually pull and push my window up and down while holding down the switch.

It makes a funny clunking grinding noise? when it stops until I push pull.

Steve ONeill

whalem6

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
window reg.

Have you checked to see if the gear is stripped in the motor or if the assist spring is broken. You may want to do that first. If you check those things let me know what it is. I do have a few motors laying around and maybe an assist spring also. I had a spring go bad on me once. I have both types of motors the tuna cans and the little black boxes. Let me know which one you need once you determine what you want. Thanks, Tom

jmackro

Reaction score
The lore that I had heard was that those "assist springs" (the coil springs made from flat stock) do more harm than good. I removed them from all four windows on my coupe, and it didn't seem to make much difference pro or con. My sense is that they subtract more in the way of friction than they add in terms of absorbing/contributing energy.

Removing solidified grease from the tracks, and adding relays to the motor circuits made a huge difference in the operation of my windows. Just bolting a new motor/gearbox to a crudded up window won't fix anything - it'll just strip a second gearbox.

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I will check which motor I have and do the "maintenance" you suggest and get back to you.

Thanks,
Steve

jmackro

Reaction score
Steve:

You may well need a replacement motor/gearbox. My point was that until your glass goes up and down easily, the new motor may meet the same fate as its predecessor.

Last edited:

hooptie

Reaction score
window reg.

Have you checked to see if the gear is stripped in the motor or if the assist spring is broken. You may want to do that first. If you check those things let me know what it is. I do have a few motors laying around and maybe an assist spring also. I had a spring go bad on me once. I have both types of motors the tuna cans and the little black boxes. Let me know which one you need once you determine what you want. Thanks, Tom

Hello, I was wondering if you might have any of the window regulator springs available still (after 10 years!) Im looking for a drivers side front if you do please.

Thanks tom

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi. I need to know that the regulator is for a power window.
I have found some but waiting for price.
Harry