Does anyone have some good Megasquirt maps for a 10:1 dirty motor?

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi

I'd finally like to install my Megasquirt MSPNP2 ECU, but I was hoping to find someone willing to share their fuel and ignition maps that hopefully are already a little closer to what my modified Franken-engine (B34/ B35 combo) needs, than the DYIAutotune start up map that came with my Megasquirt MSPNP2 ECU.

This is basically the engine I currently have, before I bolt on the Megasquirt: Stock B34 dirty motor block with 10:1 and early euro Motronic 1.0. Add to that Hartge headers and a B35 head and euro B34 cam and stock 3.5L intake manifold and 19 lbs Bosch/ Ford injectors. I machined the head to stick with the 10:1 compression, even with the B35 head, but the performance really didn't seem to be much different from the original B34 block and head combo...

In the end, I'd like to end up with a set-up without an AFM, but I'd be happy with any fuel and ignition maps to get me started, that are closer than the start up maps from DYIAutotune.

Thanks, Tom Colitt

TodB

Reaction score
I have a similar motor in my E28 though I am running a Miller Warchip instead of MS. If your tuning experience is anything like mine, you may find you need need 24 lb injectors. The Dyno showed that I ran past the duty cycle of the 19s in the upper RPM ranges.

I'd be curious to hear what you get for performance #s if you ever Dyno.

Good luck!