Deutsche Classic Sat.July 9,Oley,Pa.

PaulinPa

Reaction score
Anyone planning to attend? Only German manufactured cars allowed. Isettas and Messerschmitts,rat rod VW bugs to fairly recent BMW,Porsche,Mercedes,VW and Audi. Flea market and show cars. Plus a live band,food and a tire throwing competition! All in scenic Oley,Pa. Lederhosen not required!

Peter

Reaction score
2016 German Car Only Classic Car Show in Oley, PA was today

I attended this event today. It was the first time for me. I appreciated the entire "German Mark Only" participants and the many vendors who had related parts and products available for sale. The BMW's, Porsche's, Mercedes, Audi's, VW's, Opel's etc had their assigned areas and they were well grouped and coordinated making it easy for a lover of a particular mark to enjoy each brand to the fullest! I really enjoyed seeing the various marks, particularly the BMW's of course! As an aside, the food available for purchase was excellent. I recommend the BBQ pulled pork as mine was moist and so very tasty. In fact, I have to say it was the best I every had! I do plan to attend again next year and look forward to meeting more E9 enthusiasts at Oley in July 2017.
Peter

Peter

Reaction score
Nice. I hope someone forwards your favorable comments to the Event Staff.

I attended this event today. It was the first time for me. I appreciated the entire "German Mark Only" participants and the many vendors who had related parts and products available for sale. The BMW's, Porsche's, Mercedes, Audi's, VW's, Opel's etc had their assigned areas and they were well grouped and coordinated making it easy for a lover of a particular mark to enjoy each brand to the fullest! I really enjoyed seeing the various marks, particularly the BMW's of course! As an aside, the food available for purchase was excellent. I recommend the BBQ pulled pork as mine was moist and so very tasty. In fact, I have to say it was the best I every had! I do plan to attend again next year and look forward to meeting more E9 enthusiasts at Oley in July 2017.
Peter

I am certain more E9 owners will want to be there next year. Perhaps we can organize an "E9 owners only area" aka 3.0 CS and 3.0 CSI so our brand will stand out and win some of the wonderful prizes!

Peter

Reaction score
Oley 2017

I am certain more E9 owners will want to be there next year. Perhaps we can organize an "E9 owners only area" aka 3.0 CS and 3.0 CSI so our brand will stand out and win some of the wonderful prizes!

Can we get 20 E9 cars at the OLEY JULY 2017 event next year?
Who will be the point person to coordinate this?
I can call the event staff and secure a great location for us, but I would appreciate someone well connected to the tri state area of E9 owners to lead this activity

PaulinPa

Reaction score
Nice show. All the usual German marques well represented. No vintage BMW's (pre-1976) but several models from the other brands. It was misty/raining and my coupe got a nice bath on the way home. I agree with Peter,the BBQ was tasty. Here is a pic of an award they were giving to best older BMW.Not sure if it's authentic.

Attachments

• IMGA0006.jpg
    IMGA0006.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 152

Peter

Reaction score
Paulin,
I agree it was a very nice event. All the typical German marques were well represented. I was amazed there were no vintage BMW's (pre-1976) models present.
How can we get the E9 owners to attend? I await your thoughts.
Peter

Peter

Reaction score
Pauline,
Do you have a list of Delaware Valley E9 owners we can invite now, so we can reserve a VIP position on the field for them?
Pete