CSL prices jumps up well over 200k euro

CSL 1973

Reaction score
It looks like the CSL prices recently has jumped up well over 200k euro. This late Bat series II was recently sold in Belgium for more than 200k GBP. One of few in Taiga with factory A/C. I think the first owner was an Arabian Royalty and the car was imported to the Netherlands in the mid-80s:

http://classic-racing-cars.com/catalogue/

Cheers
Henric

duane_sword

Reaction score
that Taiga color is so different I love it!

Taiga color is my absolute favorite for the E9 CSL.... I have a Polaris which is fine, shows off the lines and complements the chrome nicely, but that Taiga, oh my how I love it

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
CSLs

Hi Henric,

I think a series II Bat in a great color and wonderful condition at a dealers is worth the money mentioned.

At the risk of stating the obvious, its not the same for all CSLs, Bats are at the top of the tree in street cars at this time ( obviously original race cars are the very top) and series II Bats in great condition and an awesome color will command the highest $$$ or Euro. That said, there is a pecking order and condition and model will come into play.

I think the best early Carb cars can and should command a premium over everything but a Bat - there may come a day when people realize that the early Carb CSLs are the lightest and that may change.

Next in line is the LHD injection cars with lightweight specification, I have no idea how many of these there are, but they seem to be extremely rare and should be valuable.

Then LHD City pack, still great cars - condition and specification will be important, as there are lots of differences and we all know what BMW say when asked "it left in this color, on this day, to xyz with a city pack" so deciding what it really left with is for another discussion.

Lastly the RHD, underpriced in my humble opinion at the moment, they are the only CSLs, alongside the Carb cars, where we believe we know what specification they left the factory. A really nice RHD CSL is still under a $100k- is driving on the other side worth that much discount?

Thats my two pennies

Pete

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
"I think the best early Carb cars can and should command a premium over everything but a Bat - there may come a day when people realize that the early Carb CSLs are the lightest and that may change"

Could not agree more... after all, they are the most lightest! I suspect they will find their way to the top eventually.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
what's the real weight delta between an early L and a Bat?

Last edited:

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess if it has the wing kit its the kit and the steel boot plus perhaps steel doors. Also glass rather than plexiglass. Other than that injection versus carbs. I guess around 75- 100kg? Perhaps a lhd injected csl's bhp/ton is the best?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just wondering if this car is worth more with original but tarnished under hood components (like the brake fluid reservoir, clamps,valve cover, slightly dishevelled Scheels) vs refreshed ones. I am close to making a decision to restore the under hood of my slightly less valuable but original 1972 2002?

$350,000 USD. I dunno? I guess I ultimately need a value component and price benefit equation to rationalize my car collecting. Lot of nice cars I will never own even If I hit the jackpot. It would also bug me too much knowing someone else's asset appreciated so much in such a short time.

Love the Colour

Nash

Reaction score

Guys,

I saw this car at the Munich Bonhams sale in October 2011, lot 180, vin 2275478 it didn't sell and I could easily understand why.

I was hoping in the last three years somebody would have dealt with its "issues".

If you look at engine bay pictures and magnify the very first one, you can see the area we all look at where the spot welds should run from front to back on inner wing, there is just a flat piece of steel laid over everything.

If you go back to the Bonhams pictures, you can see the other side of the engine bay.

Maybe somebody has done something to improve it in the last three years, although it doesn't look like it from these pictures.

The guys selling are good guys as far as I understand from others, but they are Ferrari experts and E9s are certainly not an area of knowledge for them.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Nash, are you referring to the polaris bat? What registratiin does it wear? Rohan

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Their prices are absurd

Of you look at the sellers site, they have a Ferrari 550 Maranello with 94,000 miles for 55k pounds! That is nuts. More than double what I would consider to be a sane price. I own a 550 with 38000 miles, and if someone offered me 55k pounds for it, it would be gone.
Scott

shanon

Reaction score
Nice steering wheel!
Too bad they didn't 'pose it' properly for the interior shot ;-)