Craigslist BMW Finds:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
so much want. Much to my surprise, my wife thinks these look cool.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6197076123.html

00X0X_aYkziQIGqnu_600x450.jpg

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Isn't that one priced on the high side, or have these gone up while I wasn't looking? The ones with the E46 M3 engine might have pretty good long term potential. I am tempted to sell all my cars but the Coupe and Forester and buy a used Cayman S. I'd gain about 300 sq feet of home with that move.

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
If interested in M coupes, check out the M coupe buyers guide. Currently with about 60 listings. There are a lot of lower milage cars, presumably since many and not primary drivers. And a big premium for the S54 engine over the S52.
http://www.mcoupebuyersguide.com

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Isn't that one priced on the high side, or have these gone up while I wasn't looking? The ones with the E46 M3 engine might have pretty good long term potential. I am tempted to sell all my cars but the Coupe and Forester and buy a used Cayman S. I'd gain about 300 sq feet of home with that move.

The S52 M Coupes are usually listed for ~20K-25K in Seattle. The S54's can easily double that figure. I have loved these clown shoes since they were first introduced.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good links. I think I'd probably get a 135I for that money over an M Coupe, just because the S52 is a dog at redline. I loved my M3 Sedan, but it was agrarian at 6500 RPM..

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i would say that is a good idea ... especially if it was the '09 thru '13 987 c2 cayman s. the '14+ 981 cayman s doesn't drive as nice IMHO ... i don't like the electronic steering

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
i would say that is a good idea ... especially if it was the '09 thru '13 987 c2 cayman s. the '14+ 981 cayman s doesn't drive as nice IMHO ... i don't like the electronic steering
Thanks for your input on that.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bit of a mish-mash of parts: 74 nose/grilles, 73 bumper guards, later instrument cluster.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Those Euro bumpers really make that car. It's got little dings and nicks but overall seems like a great buy. Tempting. Great job Markos on this thread, I love checking it. It's always 2 or three down from top. Keep up the good work. I know how much time that can take sometimes finding these gems out there.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The e23 isn't my favorite, but every once in a while I see one that I like. This thread has lead to one e23 sale already so I'll keep the good ones coming...

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/6207633651.html

01616_9t9t6FCLa7y_600x450.jpg

The one thing that stands out with e23's... Much like many of the Mercedes from the same era, the interiors are often well cared for. It is hard to find an e28 and especially and e24 with an interior that isn't beat to hell.