Carpet glue?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What is a good glue to use for the carpet pieces along the rocker and tunnel etc? Does 3M make something or?

coupelady

Reaction score
When I used glue during my restoration ( 25 years ago), I purchased it from Maximillian, a German or BMW product. It worked well but messy. Do you have a trim shop nearby that you could consult? Sometimes the auto parts stores carry these type products. I wish I could remember what the brand was to be real helpful.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
I always just use DAP contact cement but only apply it to one surface to give it some workability for placement before it sets.

inovermyhead

Reaction score
I used a contact glue that works for fabric/canvas and plenty of it, at least 2 litres will be needed.The carpet needs to be stretched tight to look good so that means working with pieces that have stuck in one area and then stretching the rest rest of the panel when the first area has dried, ie top of the transmission tunnel before the sides. Velcro or double sided tape is useful for initial layout but won't give you a professional finish.

Layne

Site Donor
Reaction score
I used 3M 90. It does a good job, even when you need to stick carpet on top of carpet. It's not as messy as you would think, it can be sprayed pretty accurately. And it can be pulled back off without ruining anything if you make a mistake.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think the German glue was Wurth and for me it was little less messy than the 3M spray. I only did a small section.