Bavaria Tail Light Lens - USA vs Europe

ThoughtItWasCool72

Reaction score
Hello Group,

Does anyone know if there is a fitment issue in regard to the Tail Light Lenses from European models vs the USA models? I've found a slight difference in the part numbers (Right Side)
#63211355106 was a US-specs Tail Light Lens.
#63211355102 is for the rest of the world?

They both look identical, but I'm wondering if there is an internal difference.

Thanks,
Dave

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
That, or it could have to do with the approval numbers on the lenses; EU lights/lenses need to have an approval number on them.

I'm not sure if US versions need also (DOT?) specific numbers.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This on my right tail light only. All other markings on both tail lights are identical....

IMG_0268.JPG

My guess is that the left tail light is a used, non US replacement and that before replacement both were marked with DOT. The DOT marking on US E3s may be the only difference from ROW E3 tail lights.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The coupe has a single fog light, toward the right side of the car, and this was a Euro only part. And I owned an Audi a few years ago that had a fog light in the right rear tail light. So maybe in Europe there was a fog light incorporated into the right side tail light and this explains the part number difference.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The coupe has a single fog light, toward the right side of the car, and this was a Euro only part. And I owned an Audi a few years ago that had a fog light in the right rear tail light. So maybe in Europe there was a fog light incorporated into the right side tail light and this explains the part number difference.
Both R and L tail light PNs are different. US 63211355106 R, 105 L. ROW 63211355102 R, 103 L

ThoughtItWasCool72

Reaction score
Thank you everyone! I appreciate al the input. I went ahead and bought the ROW Right Lens - I can't see a difference - I didn't install it yet, nor did I look closely at the imprinted numbers - I'll do that and post again.