Also powered by BMW

inovermyhead

Reaction score
IMG_2250.JPG
IMG_2251.JPG
One of today's attractions at the 'Wings over Illawarra' Airshow today, an hour or so south of Sydney which was well worth the six hours drive in the car, she didn't miss a beat.
Along with the FW 190 there was a Spitfire a Mustang a Yak 3u and a Grumman Avenger and plenty more war birds, but the Focke Wulf really caught the eye, and ear
It was found in Reims France buried under a railway yard and recently restored and is owned by an Australian commercial pilot, lucky man.
Cheers. John

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
awesome, i enjoy seeing the warbirds in person, you appreciate more just how gutsy the pilots were.

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Makes you think where, if you had the money, where you might put it to best use. Many high end classic cars sell for a lot more money than one of these, no traffic cops up there

jmackro

Reaction score
Makes you think where, if you had the money, where you might put it to best use.

I like the use of the word "best" there. Sort of like "would it be best to spend my money on wine, women, or song?"

Many high end classic cars sell for a lot more money than one of these, no traffic cops up there

Perhaps true. But with airplanes, the hourly operating expenses and storage fees are >> classic cars.