Alpina wheels: which colour silver?

Motorhead

Reaction score
I'm going to get the wheels on my CSL refurbished.

But which is the right colour silver? Modern Alpina wheels are 'sparkle silver', but were E9's the same?

Is the black centre 'satin black'?

I'm planning to use Lepsons who are recommended unless anyone knows someone better in SE England.

Thanks.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You don't want the sparkle that comes on newer wheels and yes I believe the center is a satin and almost a dark grey/black.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I remember reading here (Coupeking or Carl N?) that the wheels were painted regular polaris.

Simufly

Reaction score
Alpinas.

The original 14/16" 20 spoke Alpina colour is as near to Polaris as makes NO difference indeed several magazines state the colour as being Polaris however when I went to Alpina to pick up a set Mr B said the factory colour was not polaris but it was near enough!
Coming from such a fastidious man I think it is safe to use this as a colour!
The centres are indeed satin black.
Would be intreseted in your experience of Lepsons, they do have a good reputation.

stco

Reaction score
I was told Polaris Silver (RAL 057) from the 80's and the center in half matt black.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The challenge is finding a formula for Polaris that actually matches the original color. Each manufacturer has their own version and sometimes it's "good enough" for them but not the owner. Lepsons, if they refurb Alpinas all the time, should be able to show you what to expect in the finished product including the centers. If not, they are just guessing at how they should look.