A Bav on BaT

shanon

Reaction score
NMNA

Looks like a very nice start for a 'project'...................

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
At least from the pictures it appears to be relatively rust free. This is the prime consideration for the purchase of any 50 year old unibody car.

Because it "looks" so good, but actually needs EVERYTHING cosmetically to actually BE good, it should go to a buyer that is not planning to take it apart and do it right but will enjoy it as is cosmetically. The "look" will likely result in a higher price than one without the same curb appeal that needed the same amount of work.

It would also be important to pin down the condition of the mechanical systems with the seller so that it is known what work will be needed there. At the least a compression test an/or leakdown test.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A buddy who really knows our cars, over and under, is, out of curiousity, looking at this car tomorrow. If anyone is seriously interested in said car email me for his assessment.

steve [email protected]

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Seems like a heavy price for a self-described "project" Bavaria. According to a buddy who saw it last week it needed body work, paint(his personal opinion) and barely ran.

A year ago I paind $19,000. for my 72 Agave Bavaria with a 12 year old restoration(no rust when I got it) and an engine out body striped expensive respray. Interior perfect except for the usual tear in the dirver's seat. And a 1992 7 series B35 engine and automatic transplant. Hmmm. Time to up my $25,000 agreed value.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Seems like a heavy price for a self-described "project" Bavaria. According to a buddy who saw it last week it needed body work, paint(his personal opinion) and barely ran.

A year ago I paind $19,000. for my 72 Agave Bavaria with a 12 year old restoration(no rust when I got it) and an engine out body striped expensive respray. Interior perfect except for the usual tear in the dirver's seat. And a 1992 7 series B35 engine and automatic transplant. Hmmm. Time to up my $25,000 agreed value.
CSteve - I assume you are with Hagerty...they are very "liberal" on what they will allow for "agreed upon value" of Bavaria's. And from my experience, there isn't much of a price difference for every $10K increment. I would go full tilt on what they will allow and never worry about driving it.