73 coupe

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looks like anthracite. the front overriders are upside down. seats look nicely recovered with the exception of not having the tucks on the backrests. several little things, but overall looks good. would like to see some pics of the underside. looks fairly priced if there isn't any serious lurking rust.

GK-E30M3

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes it's a Flip I was interested in it few months ago @ $26k if it was a Non Sunroof it would be in my driveway

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I live close to this guy, and would be willing to take a look at this for an interested buyer.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Agree, pics look nice- 26 to 44 in a few months- if something smells funny it usually is funny but worth checking out- body looks straight but no shots of the underside and the nitty-gritty, which would seem appropriate if the seller really knew about the car. Also, the trunk panels could have been easily removed to show the condition and it's hard to substantiate "never been hit" but it does "look" nice. Wouldn't it be cool if there were an X-ray machine for cars :)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a paint gauge also. My commuter registers zero. My CSI reads about .1 to .3 on the roof. Parts of the doors and fenders are .7.

Anyway, here is the photo behind my "painted with the belt line in place" assertion.

IMG_0829.JPG

autowerks

Site Donor
Reaction score
Markos, how many hours a day you spend searching e9s? Seems like you know the history of every e9 ever built! Amazing

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess the car is not faultless but very tidy nonetheless. When talking price, I guess this is the difference between a 45k example and a 70k example right. Ultimately price will be what someone is prepared to pay at that time. The same car at different times can have a different sale price, right. My only point of interest is how huge the fender gaps are particularly at the front!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi All - red flag time.

A potential buyer contacted the seller about having me look at the car. The seller said no; he is too busy to f#ck around with someone pretending to be an expert. And he has conditions he wants to impose on a PPI. And if the buyer doesn't trust him then don't buy the car.

Seller sounds like a used car salesman to me. And an abnoxious one at that.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
wow, run. according to google search of his number not a used car salesman, but a high likelyhood of a dbag

Hi All - red flag time.

A potential buyer contacted the seller about having me look at the car. The seller said no; he is too busy to f#ck around with someone pretending to be an expert. And he has conditions he wants to impose on a PPI. And if the buyer doesn't trust him then don't buy the car.

Seller sounds like a used car salesman to me. And an abnoxious one at that.

floridabmx

Reaction score
In the sellers defense if I had a dollar for every time I wasted a day getting a PPI done for a potential buyer I'd probably have... well, about $10.

I refuse to do them anymore.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i would only do one if somebody posted a reasonable deposit on the car - seller can determine if it is refundable or not.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Pretty simple.

Seller could charge $50 for one hour's time allow time for a PPI if reviewing for someone else. Non-refundable. If buyer buys, can go towards purchase.

Robert A

Reaction score
I agree with the red flag. If he really wanted to sell the car he would let it be inspected.

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
In the sellers defense if I had a dollar for every time I wasted a day getting a PPI done for a potential buyer I'd probably have... well, about $10.

I refuse to do them anymore.

I flew two thirds of the way across the country to inspect a car which turned out to have more rust than I was expecting (none). Inspections are important, especially considering the potential financial hit if the car is hiding issues. If remote, having a PPI done is pretty much mandatory on these cars. It's not like there are a bunch available all over the country - you have to travel to find them. I will not travel again without an inspection first. Most of the sales listings on these come with piss-poor photo documentation which makes it even more difficult.

This car was listed out of NYC at $40k within the past year or so. The price was then dropped into the $20's and it sold quick. The panel gaps are an issue and I believe it has some minor rust issues near the sunroof.

"west coast car up until a few years ago" - That's not what I heard when I spoke to the prior owner. This seller is not worth the trouble.

floridabmx

Reaction score
I flew two thirds of the way across the country to inspect a car which turned out to have more rust than I was expecting (none). Inspections are important, especially considering the potential financial hit if the car is hiding issues. If remote, having a PPI done is pretty much mandatory on these cars. It's not like there are a bunch available all over the country - you have to travel to find them. I will not travel again without an inspection first. Most of the sales listings on these come with piss-poor photo documentation which makes it even more difficult.

This car was listed out of NYC at $40k within the past year or so. The price was then dropped into the $20's and it sold quick. The panel gaps are an issue and I believe it has some minor rust issues near the sunroof.

"west coast car up until a few years ago" - That's not what I heard when I spoke to the prior owner. This seller is not worth the trouble.

Yup, exactly my point. Fly out and inspect for yourself. In my cases, don't make me waste my day so that a shop can write down a laundry list of common things with 40 year old cars that haven't been restored just for the pipe dream buyer to get scared about. Now if a buyer wants someone to go look at the car at my home that's fine no problem with that.