72 inka csi

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Certainly covered the details in the interior. Paint looks so fresh….still wet? If buying this type of car, I'd really want to see photos from before the bodywork and paint process started. Any prospective buyers would be smart to look deep inside with a snake camera.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks great to me

Certainly covered the details in the interior. Paint looks so fresh….still wet? If buying this type of car, I'd really want to see photos from before the bodywork and paint process started. Any prospective buyers would be smart to look deep inside with a snake camera.

Doesn't show any of the usual sloppy work or short cuts. Can't say I agree with way the underhood wiring was done, but it's tidy. If someone did all this work, why no shots of the trunk and why put on no-name cheapo tires?

Who likes the dash covering?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score

Doesn't show any of the usual sloppy work or short cuts. Can't say I agree with way the underhood wiring was done, but it's tidy. If someone did all this work, why no shots of the trunk and why put on no-name cheapo tires?

Who likes the dash covering?

Totally agree on the tires. I just bought new Michelins MXV4's for a car that most would call rusty scrap. (The MXV4 is being discontinued and you can get a good deal if there is a size that works for you...in my case staggered 15's for my 66' Corvair)

Last edited:

hplug

Reaction score
mecum

This car ran at Mecum earlier this month in Dallas, I don't think it met reserve. Do a vin search it has sold a couple times in the past 8 years or so

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
From Sports Car Digest, Monterey 2014:

"Lot # S101 1972 BMW 3.0 CSi Coupe; S/N 2262727; Inka Orange/Black leather; Older restoration, 3 condition; Hammered Sold at $53,000 plus commission of 8.00%; Final Price $57,240. – 3.0, 4-speed, alloy wheels, Federal Formoza tires, sunroof, A/C, wood-rimmed Nardi steering wheel, wood dash and window trim, wood shift knob, Kenwood CD player, dash clock. – Strong paint and interior. Restored five years ago and has clearly been driven since. Solid, desirable fuel-injected example that is also well equipped, it has just seen a few years worth of use. – Sold at Auctions America in Burbank a year ago for $60,500. Time to move on leaving money on the table."

However, it was on eBay a few months ago and supposedly sold for $48K, but seller is still the same one today as before so maybe no sale in Monterey?