2.5 in Charlotte

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Talked to the guy this evening..nice fellow. Parked with bad clutch several years back, said it ran fine...time marched on and here we are...Claims to not be 2-rusty, but has bubbles and some holes in quarters behind the front wheels...seam rust bottoms of doors, hood, rear deck, so we all know what lurks within, methinks...I may go look at it in the next day or two, and will report back if I can make that happen. No intention to buy, but we'll see...

tmason

Reaction score
I haven't seen that type of tool kit before? Is that because it's a 2.5?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tim,

It's an e21 style toolkit, the 2.5 was de-contented to bring down price during the fuel crisis, hence small motor and fixed rear quarter windows.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Tim,

It's an e21 style toolkit, the 2.5 was de-contented to bring down price during the fuel crisis, hence small motor and fixed rear quarter windows.

A lot of us got fixed rear windows anyway as time marched on...:p

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The BMW 2.5 CS VIN 4305473 was manufactured on June 26th, 1975 and delivered on July 3rd, 1975 to the BMW dealer Schneider in Freiburg. The original colour was Polaris metallic, paint code 060.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Who bought it? Parts needed

If anyone here bought this, my buddy can use the blue door panels, seat trim parts, and grills over the AC blower on the lower side console.

Bavman? Dave in NC? Did either of you buy it?

Thanks
Scott

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The BMW 2.5 CS VIN 4305473 was manufactured on June 26th, 1975 and delivered on July 3rd, 1975 to the BMW dealer Schneider in Freiburg. The original colour was Polaris metallic, paint code 060.

The VIN is 4305472, Stan submitted it for the Registry so I deleted your submission.

Chris

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score

I didn't buy it, but talked to him again this AM...He had had two offers of just over $5K, and felt comfortable with that number...I decided not to go look, as I was only willing to go about $2.5-3K, and saw no point, unless someone wanted a PPI...one interested party was a guy in NM wanting to restore, and one in CA (I think), that was going to build a track car...Sounds like a good, solid car with a hint of rust in a lot of places (seams, etc), and the usual in the usual places requiring surgery. Probably a great deal for someone who can do the bodywork and mechanicals themself, but a black hole for folks that have to send the car to others for retail bodywork, retail paintwork, retail brakes, clutch, engine, etc...Yes I learned this from experience :)
Dave V. in western NC

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sold

Thanks for the update Dave

Could you PM me the sellers info if you wrote it down.
I did not.
If the new buyer was going to build a track car, then perhaps he will part out
The interior.
Thanks
Scott

shanon

Reaction score
Ad removed from CL.

I wanted to take another look at its wheels, they sure did look like real Alpina 14's, not turbines.
New owner may have scored some nice parts,
those Euro-close bumpers are pretty desirable too.

Good luck to the new owner and hope they chime in here and share what they got for Xmas.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score

I didn't save the images either, but pretty sure the wheels are the Fauxpinas....aka FPS, BMW, et.al. that aren't the turbines (with the bead/step on the spoke, sort of..), but also not Alpinas..some discussion on here somewhere...I think they were a BMW option later than 74...like on some E24's. I actually have three (marked 01 T 81) and could use a cheap one or two more to finish my set; I really like them...
The front bumper was very nice, and half of the rear was pretty good, the other half dented...still a pretty good car for the $.
Dave V. in western NC

brea

Reaction score
CL picture links

Here are the links to those CL pictures.

http://images.craigslist.org/00y0y_9rwwXCfWJOJ_600x450.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/00M0M_50sJOkGBEH7_600x450.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/00l0l_fp25zuyVTVC_600x450.jpg

and the ad:
*** Rare*** 1976 BMW 2.5CS Coupe - $3500 (Charlotte, NC)

Very Rare 1976 BMW 2.5CS E9 Coupe. Made for German market only. Only 744 of these cars made. Never wrecked, 220,000km. I'm the 2nd. owner of this car & imported it from Baden, West Germany in the late eighties. This car is physically identical to the BMW 3.0CS and is all original.
This car is in need of ground up restoration. Could also be utilized for parts for any 3.0CS or 2800CS. These cars fully restored can bring anywhere from $30,000 - $40,000 or more.
Also have BMW factory workshop manual, which is no longer available & cost several hundred $$.
This car would be a rare find for a restoration professional.