1st time post, long time reader

Bravo

Reaction score
Greetings e9er's.
I own a 1972 3.0csa, Fiord blue, all original with 78,000 miles.
I live in R.I. and have owned the BMW for 12 years. Found it in a local paper,
was in a garage for 16 years and has never seen rain or snow. I have showed
the car and won some awards, but only put 900 miles a year. (Garage queen)
Very little rust, detailed the engine and do most of the work myself. Met Double Dutch, lives in town and met a gentleman named Stan. I will send some pic's soon.
Bravo

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
welcome to a more active involvement with the gruppe. you're in a region with some very active coupers ... so please stay involved

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome! If you are on Facebook join the Nor'E9ers. Since you're in the North East you are already a member of the group, all you need is a coupe. We're a fairly active and friendly group of owners. You've met Stan, who would ask you to please register your coupe in the CS Registry.

900 miles isn't very far. When I bought my CSi I put 6,000 miles on it in 3 months and average about 5,000+ per year.

There are a lot of NE events as you know from Lars Anderson in Brooklin MA for Cars & Coffee, German Car Day, BMW CCA Day. To Lime Rock Historics in Sept. to Bav Auto Show & Shine in October.

You should consider attending The Vintage in NC in May or the Vintage at Saratoga NY in July.

We're planning a cross country trip in August 2016 to attend legends of the Autobahn, it's BMWs 100th anniversary. Look in E9 General Discussion

I have relatives in Bristol RI

Last edited:

m_thompson

Reaction score
Bravo, I am the third Coupe owner in EG. I talked to you at the Narragansett meet an Cars&Coffee in Wakefield.

doubledutch

Reaction score
Rhode Island

Welcome Rich, you are very fortunate to have such a beautiful and very original coupe, I can't wait to take the ladies out again in the spring.

Attached a picture of the coupe's "side by each" right here in East Greenwich, RI. (Bravo left, mine on the right)

Attachments

• coupes.jpg
    coupes.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 272

Roadrunner

Reaction score
Welcome Rich, you are very fortunate to have such a beautiful and very original coupe, I can't wait to take the ladies out again in the spring.

Attached a picture of the coupe's "side by each" right here in East Greenwich, RI. (Bravo left, mine on the right)

Amazing cars, gentlemen! V.nice! I see how my coupe should look like...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks very nice, I love original coupes. You can still buy the paper hose from air cleaner to radiator wall, it will look even better!

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Rich,

Beautiful car, one of my favorite color combinations. I recently bought a '74 CS manual (5 speed OD with 3.5 engine) from an owner in RI. He had it stored at Park Place in Portsmouth. I enjoyed the drive home!!

Look forward to seeing your car sometime in the future.

Bravo

Reaction score
Rhode Island

Bravo

Reaction score
Hey Buddy,
Just finished prepping the e9 for paint (2 months). Took off everything, grills, bumpers,lights. removed the front reflector's and compounded the holes. Fixed all blemishes that I didn't like, sanded it 3 different grits and repainted all trim and new stainless screws. Cellar in full of parts. Purchased new exhaust and tail pipe system
going to install it myself, Can't wait to finish! Want to have you and Mike with wife's over when weather is nice. Want to see the farm also.

Peace Rick,