1973 bmw cs Key

loloe13

Reaction score
thought I should share this listing I came across on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140962563105&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123

they were the guys that few forum members have used for key cutting.
I contacted them also when my local locksmith messed up my NOS blank Pebra key too.
The keys I got back from Keys4classic worked well without any problem and the business owner was quite friendly to deal with too.

I am not affiliated to this business in any way but thought I should share the listing for others to see, especially if you want the original Pebra (black) spare key with the BMW logo.

RogerB

Reaction score
Blanks

I've still got my five blanks and nobody to cut them for me except the guy that wanted $100 each mentioned above.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can get them cut from a place in Newport Beach if you can send an original key with the blanks you want cut.

Chris

loloe13

Reaction score
Roger,

when I had my 2 different set of keys cut by the Keys4classic guy, he charged $94aus in total, but that is for 2 silca keys to check if the cuts were ok first and then getting my BMW Pebra keys cut in the same way, and delivery within Australia.

so in the end, I really got 4 keys (2 sets) for the $94 in total.
of course shipping oversea may add more but not much I think.

so the listed $50 for one key should be correct.

.. and over here in Oz, Melb, I could not find anyone else to do these dimples keys

Gavin

I've still got my five blanks and nobody to cut them for me except the guy that wanted $100 each mentioned above.

RogerB

Reaction score
I can get them cut from a place in Newport Beach if you can send an original key with the blanks you want cut.

Chris

Thanks Chris, but I only have one key; and I hesitate to let it out of my control. Do you know how much your guy might charge for each key?

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Need to get some replacement keys made just in case. Looks like this is an old thread. Does anyone know where the current information is? Thanks in advance.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lots of more recents info on these

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
One key originally opened both.
Recommendation on which key to rekey? I assume it’s easier to switch out the ignition. Or would it make sense to change all? I’m thinking that removing the ignition (that I understand is the procedure from this site) would likely make the most sense.