1973 BMW 3.0 CSi (So Cal)

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Does all the dust add to the alure? I thought car selling 101 started with wash the car.

Stefan

Reaction score
By looking at the position of the gear lever, I really wonder which gear is in place.
Looks more like the position P in an automatic transmission :)

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm going to dissent on this one... this may not be too bad a starting point if you want real CSi in a good color with what appears to be the original engine, ect.

It will need everything including wings but at least you're starting with that in mind and not figuring it out six months and several informed, bubble busting opinions later.

If you own this for 10k or less and you're willing to take it all the way the opening price is almost insignificant.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The price is low but-

It's the down time that hurts...
Two years before you get it back.

jefftepper

Reaction score
I suppose that this post confirms my jaded nature about these things. When a car was put away for an extended period, there has to be a reason. I don't subscribe to the idea that the car was perfectly good and the owner just decided to park it and then forgot about it for 3 decades. I suggest that something significant broke rendering the car worthless on the used car market and the cost to fix it was prohibitive. Fast forward 30 years and suddenly it is a barn find with a market value above zero. Time to clean out the garage..............

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Who in their right mind would come forward after reading these comments?

HBe9

Reaction score
agreed , looked like a nice base to restore. HOPEFULLY WENT TO A GOOD HOME NOT A FLIPPER

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Give it two weeks and it will appear again with a new paint job and chances are being sold by a particular Beverly Hills seller.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would... this car is a far better buy than most 25k "drivers" that in the end will need everything.

If someone bought that car other than a dreamer with Bondo, an ergonomic steering wheel and wheels from a later 7 series waiting to get his hands on it, someone who sees the value of an honest CSI with the original motor no matter what it needs....