1973 3.0cs - $18000, Reno

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks nice, aside from the black hood and trunk lid. Reno is a pretty dry climate. Had a friend buy a coupe from NM. Nice and dry, still needed a floor replaced.

tmason

Reaction score
This at Rennsport here in Reno and I have seen the car and it looked very rust free to me.

gwittman

Reaction score
Interesting that it is green. That must be the shade of green that I can't see. I am somewhat color blind and it looks more like Sahara to me. I can see the black hood and trunk lid but I still don't get it.

tmason

Reaction score
It is a pale green and I wasn't sure why that color but it does kind of grow on you like Sahara.Brian does know these cars and has many extra parts for them.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If it's green it ain't Nevada which is a rare color that I kinda like. Nevada is a putty grey brown with maybe a hint of olive.

Chris@E9

Reaction score
Spoke to Robbie the seller. He said he owns a shop that services BMW and Porsche. He told me the car was initially from Sacramento and he bought it in Lake Tahoe. Originally Polaris but had been repainted in same color, but not a good job. He painted it green for whatever reason. When he found the car, the head was missing, exposing the engine (not original anyway) so he simply replaced the whole thing. Said the body was really good.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nevada...

I agree with HB Chris...Nevada is rare and subtle, almost in a military way...painted my 76 2002 (formerly Sahara) Nevada...even plan on replacing the tan interior with bmw Cardinal red. Has a late 60's Mercedes roadster vibe that I like. When I told the guy building the engine about my color choices, he said it'd look like a stuffed olive..That's what makes horse races, I guess. Subaru has a similar color on the new Crosstrek..I think it looks pretty good.
Dave V. in NC

tmason

Reaction score
I like that a stuffed olive. Brian has a lift so he can take any shots needed and if it is clean and rust free without any metal work thats a good price. I viewed it when it needed some finishing touches.

renorennsport

Reaction score
It is <supposedly> Nevada Gray. When I got it back from the paint shop I was frankly shocked at how olive green it was, and I thought it was wrong.... I also always thought Nevada was much more gray than green. However after looking at it for a while, and talking to others who have had cars painted Nevada, it MIGHT actually be the right color.... One thing to consider is all old cars in Nevada Gray might be faded like crazy. It is single stage paint after all; and that stuff fades like crazy in the sun. Regardless, I actually like the color a lot. And it goes really well with the cardinal red interior.

Like was said: When I got the car it had been repainted polaris; and they didn't do a very good job. So, being that I'm not a big fan of polaris, I had it painted whatever color I wanted to - knowing it will get stripped back down someday when someone wants to do a proper (quality) paint job, or a full restoration.

There are a few people who say they are going to come over the hill and take a look at it this weekend.

I never planned on selling it. It's a good car, I just have too many projects going at once and I have to cull the heard a bit.

BL