1972 3.0 CS SF Bay Area

ScottAndrews

Reaction score
I am going to list my 1972 3.0 CS on eBay next week. I will gladly sell it here prior to listing it.

The car is in good running condition, but it needs a total cosmetic restoration.

It has been garaged for the past 8 years.

The interior needs restoration, and the body needs to be repainted. It was originally Fjord Blau, but someone re-sprayed it black long before I bought it.

I originally bought this car because there was very limited rust, and I was planning to do a full restoration. I have realized that I just don't have the time or space to do that

One of the attached pics shows the only significant rust I have found (right rear rocker just forward of the jack post). I cut open the rocker, at the rusty spot to investigate. It is pretty limited. I have a new OEM inner rocker panel from BMW that can be used to rebuild that one section (it is about 4-5 inches long, apparently caused by water running in from the rear side window)The jack post is not involved and is very solid. You will need to then use the rocker repair panel at CSI Inc. The original bolt-on steel rocker covers are shot. Other than that and a few minor dings the body is in good condition.

This is a no-sunroof car, which probably explains the lack of rust. It is a great restoration candidate.

As for mechanicals. It has dual Webers, runs and drives well (I drove it 200 miles home when I bought it). The tires are worn, but I can throw in a new set of cheap tires if you plan to drive it home.

I am thinking of listing it at a $15K reserve. I'll consider any reasonable offers above that from this board prior to putting up on eBay.

Please PM me, or email me at scott "at" cogenia.com if you are interested and I'll send a pile of photos.

The car is in Petaluma, CA, 40 miles north of San Francisco.

Scott

Attachments

• CS-7.jpg
    CS-7.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 205
  • CS-6.jpg
    CS-6.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 194
  • Rust1.jpg
    Rust1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 200