Wiper re build

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well team, Thought I would share with group my little wiper spindle rebuild project

I had lots of play in spindles so thought I should rebuild them as I had time during the over all car rebuild

So, first I ground of the straked joint between the spindle arm and the inner shaft, next, extracted the old spindle shaft from the outer housing, a real mess in there, lots of rusty goop, once this was cleaned up the state of the shafts and bushes became apparent

P1010844.jpg

Well worn as you can see, so of to my retired fitter and turner friend and two weeks later we have the new rebuild spindles
complete with new stainless shafts, new bushes and a O ring seal to the top of the spindles to hopefully keep the water out

P1010846.jpg

P1010847.jpg

P1010845.jpg

The original wiper arm drive thingy is driven by knurling on the top of the shaft and held in place by a small Mush head cap screw, this screw fits nicely up inside the wiper arm itself.

At the lower end the new inner shaft fits back into the parallel sided hole in the drive arm and held in place by another cap screw that will be loc tighted in place

I think it all looks good and should work well, and best of all total cost $100 NZ!! Bargain!

Last edited: