'74 Euro bumpers, 5 Sp, CA car for sale $12,500

FJ Coupe

Reaction score
Features:

5 speed transmission with short throw shift.

Factory AC has been blowing cold until 2009 ( just need a recharge)

Bilstien HD shocks in fronts and Koni HD shocks in rears

Lecarra steering wheel

Twin Weber carburetors

Rebuilt radiator in 2009

New radius arms and control arms bushing

The car is in good driving condition with good engine and firm suspension. I only put less than 30k mile on the car over the past eight years. This is a Sothern California car which shows almost no rust at all because the car has some kind of rust protection coated under carriage although, the coating has been peeling off over the time.

All of the rubber seals are in good condition except at some portion the front hood. All power windows work fine as well as all gauges except the clock. All lightings work fine and no crack on tail light lens. All windows are in great condition except one tiny spot on the lower driver side of the windshield. Wood works are in good original condition without any damages. Dash on top of the instrument cluster is cracked but does not show when dash cover is on. The car is in a smoke free home and a smoke free driver, so the interior is pretty clean. Front seats have been redone for quite some time prior to my ownership and they are in good condition. Rear seats are original from the factory, so they show some cracks and patinas.

The car was a Polaris Neu originally but she was resprayed in Fjord Blue prior to me and the paint work shows glossy and smooth condition all around. All trim works are in good condition bright and shine. The bumpers need to be rechromed if you want a show car. The car is running on Nitto tires 215-60-14 which are in good condition with the original restored alloy wheels. I am moving oversea and can't take the car with me.

[email protected]

Attachments

• P1030314.jpg
    P1030314.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 258
  • P1030334.jpg
    P1030334.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 246
  • P1030340.jpg
    P1030340.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 236
  • P1030310.jpg
    P1030310.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 256
  • P1030133.jpg
    P1030133.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 232

FJ Coupe

Reaction score

Attachments

• P1030147.jpg
    P1030147.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 196
  • P1030152.jpg
    P1030152.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 204
  • P1030283.jpg
    P1030283.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 205
  • P1030272.jpg
    P1030272.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 217
  • P1030276.jpg
    P1030276.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 208

FJ Coupe

Reaction score
Thanks guys for lot of emails and your interest. I thought I should make it clear that the only reason of selling my coupe is that I am moving oversea within two months and that country allows you to take only one car that you own for more than two years with you and you have to pay the sky high import tax on it, I am planning to take my dream car ever "73 Citroen SM" with me and that is why I have to let the coupe go to the good home.

This is a great solid unmoled car that I put lot of cares on her including the 5 sp conversion with the info and helps from this forum. I work on the car myself which hasn't been a lots because the car doesn't need much however, the biggest job was the 5 sp conversion with the help of my mechanic friend and it was done right step by step from the instuction of this website. All parts that the car has needed over the time was purchased from Jim and Spencer at Mesa Performance, so they know my car as well ( if you need a reference).

It is very depressing for me to let her go and it took more than eight months for me to make a decision to sell her and every time when I drive her, I just say I can't let her go. I wish she will go to the good home.

Thanks,

Worasak Luangsuwan

www.worasakdesign.com

[email protected]

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wondering who picked this car up? Seller and I had an agreement to purchase the vehicle pending Blumax giving it a look over, but it looks like he has Bailed in terms of communicating with me the hopeful buyer.

Good luck to the new owner. Make sure sure the I's are dotted. Looks like a nice car.

Skiver

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nicad - jst saw there is a red cs for sale in toronto. Description and photos suggest it needs some attention. Found it on autotrader. No affiliation etc.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Skiver, I'll check it out. Am curently on vacation out of the country. Starting to think either getting to work on my Fjord Blue Corvair (Gm Colour Mist Blue) or going 2002 might be a better fit. I know either way I have some Splaining to do to Mrs. Nicad.

FJ Coupe

Reaction score
It's sold

The car was sold to FL since the trusty buyer was welling to pay in full right away after second phone call without anyone to come check on the car. Thanks!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
new owner, good luck. seller, good luck back home.

Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice Vair Brent. Are you with Corsa Ontario? Also are you currently selling the Red E9 on Auto Trader? My 66 500 has a 140 Corsa mechanicals. I have owned it for close to 30 years, so this will be a re-restoration. It only has about 37K on it. Needs a bit of windshield repair and all the suspension rubber.

Bob.

Brent

Reaction score
Thanks Nicad. No, I am not a member of Corsa Ontario. Nor am I the seller of the red E9 on Auto Trader.

This '66 Corsa Vert is my second Corvair. I had a '65 Corsa Vert with A/C about ten years ago that I also brought in form California. It was a 140. That car is now in France!

I located a real nice '66 Monza coupe with A/C for a friend of mine in Toronto who brought it into Canada from Arizona. Here are pictures of that fine specimen:

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/CorvairDan/?action=view&current=DCP_2386-1.jpg

The subject car of this thread (''74 Euro bumpers, 5 Sp, CA car for sale $12,500') looked interesting, but not surprisingly went quickly as well.

Like you, I am torn in my love for European and American cars. They both have their merits.

Good luck in your search.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh. The guy selling a Red E9 on Auto Trader.ca is named Brett. Anyway, I love my German cars, but the Corvair is an extremely interesting vehicle when you consider what GM came out with at that point in time. I am pretty happy to be dragging mine out of the dungeon. I built the engine 30 years ago on the kitchen table in my bachelor days. I have some great tools at my disposal now and a few more mechanical skills to set it up for the next 30.
Should be fun getting re aquainted.

Cheers, I'll keep a look out for your Monza if you are a Toronto local.