need a mechanical pump APG

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
need a mechanical pump APG - solution + interesting info

hi

after checking all my possible sources in europe with no success i am trying this here:

i need a new mechanical fuel pump for my e9, 3.0 CS, dated 1971

BMW reference is: 13 31 1 260 677

the original one (still in the car now) is a pierburg APG, the reference PE 20138508094, is marked onto the main part of the pump, attached you can see a photo:

260320112042.jpg

thank you

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have been stranded more times than i can remember because of these "bleeping" mechanical pumps, i have grown to love the new, small electrical pumps. i knew a 2002 owner who was doing a full concours restoration that gutted one of the mechanical pumps and just ran the gasline through it. he then concealed the small electrical pump and line ... i just looked to see if i still had a photo, but i haven't found it.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My OEM pump is like this and is not rebuildable - the cars came with either this type or yours, this will fit and is the lowest priced one I could find unless you lurk on ebay for months and get lucky.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
alternative in a spanish distributor

what do you guys think about this other OEM part ?

it is also a pierburg, it was present in some models, and the ref. is exactly the bmw one

the slight difference is that the membrane is made of rubber instead of the metallic one

Bomba de combustible : 7.02242.19.0 a precio de descuento en Oscaro

please, opinions ? does anyone have one of these ?

61porsche

Reaction score
It is the same pump. More desireable as it more closely resembles the original in my opinion.

I have the same.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
It is the same pump. More desireable as it more closely resembles the original in my opinion.

I have the same.

so, considering this is yours, i would like to ask some questions:

i have found the same fault in the two pumps that i have dismantled (both were those of a metallic membrane)

so considering a rubber membrane, any problems ? the membrane is sold as a spare ?

regards

61porsche

Reaction score
fuel pump

To answer your question- the rubber diaphram is replaceable. Kits are still available the last I checked. BMW, W&N, etc.

You might also try ebay Italy. Those pumps were made there of recent. ( according to my box)

But, Steve's sharp eye for a bargain is hard to beat.:-D

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A diaphram may be available but it only fits one style of pump and I have seen several different types. I ran into this problem with my 2002.

Dave L

Reaction score
Mechanical fuel pump

I have a new one in the box. I have no need for it. It was to be used on my old engine that was to be rebuilt. Just before the rebuild process I got an offer of a 3.3L with L-jet. I have an electric fuel pump now. I think my pump came in an order I received from Jmic or W & N. It's been on a shelf for about 6 years.

Dave L

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
fuel pump, solution and other issues

finally after some indagation, i decided to undertake a bit of a mechanical work, so in order to solve the problem of my pump:

280320112074.jpg

i worked this solution: attention: NOT ONLY A NEW BUSHING, BUT THAT NEW PART HAS BEEN WELDED TO THE BLACK ONE TO AVOID THIS PROBLEM DEFINITIVELY

(the welding makes both parts join together and avoid relative movement that makes friction and destroys the weakest part) ok ???

040420112114.jpg

040420112107.jpg

040420112110.jpg