WTB: Fuel Filter Mount

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have never seen one of those, does anyone have a photo of this in their coupe? Most of us use black zip ties so they aren't noticeable.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i am curious also as I want to put the big metal can back in it's stock place and lose the small clear one I have now that my gas tank's restored and no more crap is coming through.

jmackro

Reaction score
Chris:

There's a photo in the Autohaus ebay ad showing the filter clamped along the L side of the radiator:
!CBqyQhwCGk~$(KGrHqZ,!hYE0fhM!K34BNIls+j(b!~~_14.JPG
I can't seem to attached the larger version of this photo - go to the ebay ad where you can enlarge it.

This may be right for an injected car (the ad specifies that this bracket fits Tii's and 3.0CSi's), but mounting the fuel filter along side the radiator isn't correct for a carbureted e9. Might that same bracket have been used on carbureted e9's up on the firewall? If so, I can't find the mounting hole in my coupe's firewall.

Last edited:

61porsche

Reaction score
Possible location

behind the brake booster, the squarish plate that the other relays/ elec. connections are mounted on top of the steering shaft area. I still have two hose clamps?.... more like holders/ loom retainers.... for the fuel line/ hose bolted on the firewall.

I need to look for the hole in the plate to verify.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would also like to know where this goes, I can't find any spot on my firewall that has a hole (other than the insulation in pic). The plate area doesnt appear to have enough room. Who's got a pic out there in coupeland?

behind the brake booster, the squarish plate that the other relays/ elec. connections are mounted on top of the steering shaft area. I still have two hose clamps?.... more like holders/ loom retainers.... for the fuel line/ hose bolted on the firewall.

I need to look for the hole in the plate to verify.

Attachments

• IMG-20110104-00023.jpg
    IMG-20110104-00023.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG-20110104-00025.jpg
    IMG-20110104-00025.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG-20110104-00024.jpg
    IMG-20110104-00024.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 125

61porsche

Reaction score
filter

On your first picture, extreme left top; I have a fuel line clip in the cutout of the insulation. #2 on the parts diagram. Another near the booster. #5?

My Steering bracket- your picture of the choke relay.. below it is a rectangular plate - you don't have it unless it's black; mine's plated- where the single screw is.

On FI cars- that's the same area the main relay goes on the right side.

I say this is where it goes based on the orientation in the parts diagram. It appears to be forward of the filter. Said another way, the filter faces the firewall attached to the support. With only one small screw/ bolt that support looks to be parallel with the wheels or firewall.

Who knows?

61porsche

Reaction score
FI Filter location

Shown attached to the battery tray in the repair manual- testing the pump. Also shows a ring on the top oil filter bolt that holds the + wire going to the starter.....

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
This blue book workshop manual pic shows the fuel filter being mounted between the battery tray and the brake master cylinder. The pic does not show how the filter bracket is mounted though, most likely, it is mounted to some nearby component. Further examination of the photo shows this maybe the CSi filter. The curved blob immediately in front right of the filter is probably the #1 cylinder "C" intake runner. Could the carbureted filter also be in this location?

5326050523_8463fb846d.jpg

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I sent an e-mail to Rob Torres who is selling these filter mounts, this is his reply:

"These were used on CS coupes (carbed) from 4/71 to 7/73. Thank you for your question and interest."

What he is saying in my mind is that they were not used on 2800CS, only 3.0CS through `73 model year and not on `74 and later coupes. He may have these dates from the Orange parts books but it doesn't make much sense to me. The Blue books only show a CSi example. We need a picture or for Carl Nelson or Peter S. to weigh in here. I will ask Peter for his thoughts.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here is Coupeking's response:

"Not for carbed cars. Mounted alongside the radiator for the tii, which used a metallic can type filter for the higher pressure of the FI. Not used--to my best knowledge--on CSi."

I think the higher fuel pressure is the key here as Peter states but we know the Blue Books show it on the CSi. Many of us use it on our carbed coupes but it wasn't originally supplied with carbs.

Chris

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
I mounted it to the firewall--I dont have the stock insulation. Works fine for me, but I can see needing to move it if I were to put in a strut brace.

Last edited: