Decal Placement

polaris68

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone know were this decal in suppose to go? My guess is the driver side of engine bay above the shock tower.

Attachments

• decal.jpg
    decal.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 192

polaris68

Site Donor
Reaction score
In addition, this particular decal is too long to be placed on the back side of the tank filler lid.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Attached are both stickers I could find that resemble that, one is the fuel door and the other on the passenger side fender, yours looks more like a fuel door sticker but if it doesnt fit....are you sure it's the correct one for your car?

Attachments

• IMG00352-20101030-2048.jpg
    IMG00352-20101030-2048.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG00353-20101030-2048.jpg
    IMG00353-20101030-2048.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 199

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think it's a euro decal, someone will have to weigh in that has one. Steve posted the typical US tire decals and their locations. It may go near the VIN tag on a euro car but that is where the DOT/EPA stickers go. No one sells the gas door sticker but you can trim it in half cut the top off and shorten it and then attach in two pieces.

CSL 1973

Reaction score
Decal with spelling mistakes

Polaris68

The decal should be placed in the engine bay on the right hand side. However, the decal is not a correct copy as there are many spelling mistakes in the German part. Try first to get a correct one.

Pls take a look at the fourth picture via the link below. You can see the decal behind the air filter:

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=4197

Cheers

RogerB

Reaction score
Polaris68

The decal should be placed in the engine bay on the right hand side. However, the decal is not a correct copy as there are many spelling mistakes in the German part. Try first to get a correct one.

Pls take a look at the fourth picture via the link below. You can see the decal behind the air filter:

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=4197

Cheers

You can see it here but with one too many "f"s in Reifenlufdruck. The car now has a "single f" Reifenlufdruck sticker. {:>)

http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/329096,7938,0,0/photo.aspx

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And only found there on a euro delivery coupe I believe as this example is a CSL. Dirk, your photo is from a CSi as I see the airbox in the photo. Does your 2800CS euro have one as well?

Dirk

Reaction score
This is what I had on my Euro 2800 CS. I doubt that it was the original.

It is not logical that this decal is placed under the hood. Placing it on the inside of the fuel door makes much more sense. Why should one have to open the hood to figure what the air tire pressure is supposed to be or the octane of the fuel ?

In my case the decal should have been cut in half and only the English or the German part should have been used (on the inside of the fuel door), the other half should have been discarded.

Attachments

• Engine_014 - Copy.jpg
    Engine_014 - Copy.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 146

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dirk,

Actually yours does look original and later CSi coupes have had it in that same position. The 3.0 decal has a title line that spans both sides of the decal (unlike the 2800) requiring it to be cut off and repositioned over the bottom half. Does your gas door also have a decal?

Dirk

Reaction score
Dirk,

Actually yours does look original and later CSi coupes have had it in that same position. The 3.0 decal has a title line that spans both sides of the decal (unlike the 2800) requiring it to be cut off and repositioned over the bottom half. Does your gas door also have a decal?

Chris,
No, my fuel door doesn't have a decal.