74 E3 with 44K miles, bought for $2K

G-Man

Reaction score
This was on the E3 email list, Brian owns a BMW independent repair shop in Reno NV. The car is a time warp except for the E24 14" BBS wheels on the car. The consensus reply from the E3 community back to Brian was, you suck.

G-Man

Subject: We're back in the saddle again!

We have a nice old lady that has been coming into the shop (for twenty five plus years) who has a Bavaria that she bought new in '74 - totally pristine, with 44,256 original miles. VIN # 2100884, Fjord blue, perfect navy interior, four speed, bone stock. Her and her husband ran a float plane service out of Tahoe, so she only drove it in the summer up at the lake, the rest of the year it lived in their warm, heated airplane hanger. Looking through the records she put an average of maybe 30 miles a year on it over the last fifteen years or so. An awesome driving, and beautiful car.

Last year about this time when she brought it in to be emission tested, we told her if she ever wanted to sell it we would be very interested..... But, she assured us that one of her two (undeserving) kids would be getting the car some day as she was positive she was going to keep it for the rest of her earthly days.....

Then, yesterday she brought it in to be tested again (22 miles later) and she said she talked to her kids and they either didn't want it, or were deemed unworthy, and she offered it to us for $2,000. SOLD.

So, we once again have us a running driving Bavaria, YA- HOO!

Even with the giant bumpers and the yucky modern wheel it is one of the nicest Bavarias I've ever been in. The world is good again.

Here are some pictures I took of it this morning:

It's name is Lois,

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/bglowder/Lois the Bavaria/

--
Brian Lowder

Orangener

Reaction score
A good bag, congratulations ! :-D Very nice looking car, exept the bumpers...
I have a lot of front and rear euro bumpers on stock, but unfortunatelly I´m located in Europe.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hate when people prey on the elderly. Anyway I think I saw that car at Whole Foods in Cupertino, maybe it was a highway car after all...the odometer has only five digits and the old lady knew that. I hate when the elderly prey on the young.