summer drive

Glanceb

Reaction score
Have been working on my 2800cs (3.0csi engine) for the past while now. I just couldn't resist taking it out for a spin in the nice weather. Hopefully you will enjoy the photos as much a I did driving it.

Attachments

• IMG_5259.JPG
    IMG_5259.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_5262.JPG
    IMG_5262.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_5264.JPG
    IMG_5264.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_5265.JPG
    IMG_5265.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_5267.JPG
    IMG_5267.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 298

Glanceb

Reaction score
I thought from the amount of views that I might get a few more comments????? perhaps its not the correct colour?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I like the dark color witht he chrome trim...but not wild about the wheels
Still, the important thing is you drive and enjoy the car!!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice coupe. Could we see some interior shots? I see you don't have any of those reflectors the Feds glue on here in the states. But I also don't see the rear fog light like the one on my euro coupe.
Steve

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ok, here are my candid comments. Nice car, no idea where the pictures were taken, I like the color, not so much the rims, the open windows and sunroof show some nice summer spirit, the pictures are a bit small as if we still had 9600 baud modems, not sure why the D oval is light blue/white (is that the Bavarian color?) but stickers and classics don't mix for me. Enjoy the car and the weather.

Glanceb

Reaction score
Cheers for the comments lads,

I will get some more photos up tomorrow, but just with regards the wheels. They are remotek wheels, I think they kind of set the car apart from others, BBS original or Alpina are nice but the car is not standard. It is uprated in engine so I though to move away from stock. This does pose the question, wheather the coupes should be kept as stock as possible or that they should be modified?

Cheers for the comments.

Glance B

Glanceb

Reaction score
Orangener,

That is superb, beautiful detailing on the inside, a very impressive job.

Buckle belt rocks!!!

damienh

Reaction score
I think the wheels look stunning. As far as originality goes, most people (could be wrong!) seem to go for 16" Alpinas anyway which are far more modern looking than the original size. Colour is stunning too, hard to tell with the light, but looks similar to nacht blau.

Pics not taken in Brittas Bay are they.

Glanceb

Reaction score
Hi Damien,

The colour is orient blue as far as I can remember the car was oringinally polaris silver. The pictures are taken on dollymount strand in Clontarf Dublin.

I have the original wheels but i think the remotec wheels make it look much more modern and sporty, they seem to make boy racers want to rev their engines beside you in the hope of a race!!

Last edited: