Speedometer and Clock Removal

Stefan67

Reaction score
Wow....great detail and instruction...armed with this knowledge and level of effort i can now confidently say my clock will remain stuck at 3pm for a good bit longer.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the great writeup Michael. I will tackle this very same task per your instructions when I get a chance.

Bert
72 3.5 CSi
88 M6

pmansson

Reaction score
Very useful

Thanks for the thorough and most useful instructions with pictures.
This time it wasn´t for the instrument removal, but to align the A/C panel above the gear shift console. I never knew about the crucial small bolt hiding behind the black side grille of the blower intake.
My right side of the front A/C panel had always sagged, but not anymore!!!

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Instrument removal

Wow, I missed this before.

Great write-up and pictures!

BUT, after removing the left 'glovebox' and driver seat, I can lie on my back on the floor and reach up under the dash. Turn the "Nuts" that lock the instruments in place, twist the instrument and it will be loose. It has been a while, but I think I had to remove the speedometer, or at least move it out of the way to get the clock out.

I should note the I have small hands and this may be a requirement.

I suppose it is not entirely necessary to remove the seat if you are very flexible, but I find it a lot easier and more comfortable to just undo 4 bolts and get the seat out of the way.