CS wiring diagram

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just received delivery of a CS wiring diagram which I bought from an ebay retailer and it is pretty darn impressive. It's a real detailed and accurate wiring diagram printed on both sides on a big 11x17 laminated paper. It shows the entire electrical system on the whole car with most of the electrical parts properly labeled and correctly depicted factory wiring colors. I've found using it a lot more convenient than looking at the rather small factory manual wiring diagrams. Highly recommended for coupsters who work on their own cars and even for those coupe owners who don't and to top it off, it only cost $17.95. It is available in both the early CS, pre-73 and late, 74> coupes. The diagram covers both carburreted and fuel injection coupes.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...ryZ34211QQihZ011QQitemZ320142429248QQtcZphoto

No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Bert
72 3.5 CSi
88 M6

jmackro

Reaction score
Does seem like a good $18 investment.

My CS is a 1970 - a 2800 with drum rear brakes. Does anyone know if Prospero's "1971 - 1973" diagram would cover my car? I did a search of his ebay store, and he only has 2 diagrams for CS coupes ('71 - '73early and '73late - '74). Does Prospero just not know that BMW built the E9's in 1970 or do the 2800's have a different electrical system?

Thanks!

shanon

Reaction score
I got one of Prospero's diagrams for my '70 2800 a couple years ago, it worked great. Order the early one and you should be fine or just ask him via Email if there is a concern.

I'd think the electricals for the early 3.0's and the 2800 are the same.

HTH

-shanon
'70 2800

BonitaCS

Reaction score
I bought one too and, having just reinstalled all of the wire harnesses it is well worth it! I did find a few minor mistakes on it that I’ve been meaning to tell him about but in general it is a good investment.

Scott

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Scott, other than the two marked rear left window motors, what other minor mistakes have you found? Thanks.

Bert

BonitaCS

Reaction score
As I recall the wires for one of the rear tail lights is color coded black on the diagram and it should be blue and gray; I'll check when I get home. There was one other but, with out the diagram in front of me, I cant remember what it was...

Scott

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
electrical diagrom

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the help. I wii call them today.
Thanks Again
Harry

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
wiring diagram from ebay..

Link isn't working for me; any other contact info from you guys? My mechanic is grafting a 74 engine and auto trans into a 72 chassis. Assume that I should buy a later (74) diagram? Thanks, Dave V.

jmackro

Reaction score
Link isn't working for me; any other contact info from you guys? My mechanic is grafting a 74 engine and auto trans into a 72 chassis. Assume that I should buy a later (74) diagram?.

Dave:

The vendor that sells these diagrams is called "Prospero's Garage". A Google search located the website: http://www.colorwiringdiagrams.com/bmwcars.htm

Perhaps Prospero has given up on ebay, and is selling his diagrams directly these days.

I would recommend buying both the diagrams for your '72 chassis (hey, you might need to chase down a tail light wiring problem someday), as well as for your new engine, assuming that you are also transplanting the '74 electronic fuel injection. But if the new engine will be carbureted, you probably won't need the '74 wiring diagram.

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Link isn't working for me; any other contact info from you guys? My mechanic is grafting a 74 engine and auto trans into a 72 chassis. Assume that I should buy a later (74) diagram? Thanks, Dave V.
I think you will be fine with a 72 diagram. The differences that a 74 would have are things you don't, like the infamous seatbelt interlock and power mirrors. I can't think of anything on the engine or trans wiring that changed.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I bought one too and, having just reinstalled all of the wire harnesses it is well worth it! I did find a few minor mistakes on it that I’ve been meaning to tell him about but in general it is a good investment.

Scott
Hello Scott,
I am in process of restoring a 71 CS 2800.
I am going to buy the diagram from him as well . But can you tell me whatistakes you found on his diagram please? I am hoping It would save us plenty of time to know that information ahead.
Thank you

Tony P.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tony, send me your email address and i will send you pdf's of the BMW wiring diagrams for the 2800cs.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tony,

i was able to attach the pdfs to a PM ... so check your inbox and i think you should be able to access the pdfs of the 2800cs wiring diagrams
scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
what was originally asked for was a 2800cs diagram ... which is what i sent, directly from the blue books.